◆Chapter 50◇

After everyone went to have their wounds checked at the infirmary, and with I-Island's security system running as it did, Miyuki, Izuku and their classmates spent the rest of their time on the island enjoying what was left of the expo.

Melissa and Miyuki spent more time together with Momo, Ochaco, and Kyoka as they went to see her project, then the half-and-half girl and Melissa broke off later to visit the Science History museum since Miyuki expressed interest in finding out more about the Hitsugaya clan.

The rest of the time she and Izuku spent together during the evenings when they were both free, the green-haired boy helping her make notes for the inventions she saw and would like to try craft herself.

"Yuki-Chan," Izuku called. He sat by her  bedside, a bandage wrapped around his head. "That villain... he said something about your Quirk. It wasn't much to go by, but I just can't forget about it."

"Neither can I," she replied, a pensive expression taking over her features as she thought about it more. "I've never met him or seen him before, here and back home. I'm not sure, though, but... Shigaraki said something similar, too..." She trailed off and looked at the green-haired boy. She didn't need to finish her sentence, as the concerned look in his eyes told her enough.

"He said something else about you, too..." Izuku pointed out quietly, looking down at his 'Hero Analysis' notebook in his lap. It was open on Miyuki's page, displaying a sketch of her in hero costume with notes of her various powers and abilities scribbled around it. "Similar to what Shigaraki mentioned that time at Kiyashi - something about your past, too. Yuki-Chan... what happened when you were a child?"

Miyuki pursed her lips and her brows furrowed as she searched her mind for any answers, but she came up blank no matter how far back she tried to remember.

So it was left there between the two of them. Izuku assured her from the thought that had she not acted quickly and taken the device from Wolfram, they all would've been in danger of the rest of the tower collapsing right from under them.

However, the issue still bothered her so she called her father. There was no telling just how much the enemy knew about her, so she could at least make sure they hadn't reached her family and that he was safe.

Mirai was quick to assure his daughter all was well and there was nothing to fear on his end, although after hearing of her wounds because of the villains' ambush, it took almost calling All Might to speak with him to assuage his worries.

She and Ejirou toured the island's amusement parks together, too. Katsuki didn't come along, which was disappointing, but the redhead told her he was sleeping in their room and asked if she'd taken herself to the infirmary yet. That was normal, so she wasn't too bothered. His permission to call him by his first name was already quite uncharacteristic of him, though.

Actually, come to think of it...

He's been behaving quite different lately, she thought, furrowing her brows. Miyuki then shrugged, deciding it was best not lingered on for too long. It was probably just temporary, anyway.

For the remainder of their trip, Melissa was more than happy to show Izuku and her around her school, but Miyuki's interest primarily lay in the institution's history regarding the Hitsugaya family. The half-and-half girl's suspicions were confirmed when Melissa informed the two first-years the renowned family of scientists had all sadly passed away -

"Except for one, I believe," the blonde girl explained. "They were pretty famous for their Quirk, too. Papa's partner - she was a daughter of the Hitsugaya. That's right - she had a Quirk called Shine." The blonde girl nodded to herself, as if just remembering the fact.