◆Chapter 90◇

"The winners of the class battle are... Class A!"

The students of Class A cheered at the announcement. Miyuki felt her tense muscles relax at last, a gentle fluttering in her chest as she listened to her teammates' cheers beside her.

"We did it, Miyuki-Chan!" Mina cheered, throwing her arms around the half-and-half girl. "We won the match!"

"Yeah," Miyuki agreed, smiling widely as she stole another glance at her watch. "With ten minutes to spare, too."

They released the members of Class B from their prison cell shortly afterwards and Miyuki helped Hitoshi remove the Capture Weapon's bindings.

"You fought hard today," she complimented him and his eyes darted towards her. He did not expect to hear that from her. "I can already tell - you have the skills and spirit of a hero."

"...Thanks," he responded, his voice rather quiet as he looked at her. Hitoshi rubbed the back of his neck. "I didn't do what I said, though. I failed and made mistakes... a lot."

"Right? But that's necessary. Being afraid of making mistakes is a mistake in itself," she told him, assuring him with a smile. "Keep working hard. You might just be able to beat me one day."

She looked over her shoulder upon hearing footsteps and saw Aizawa and Vlad King coming their way.

"Sensei..." Hitoshi said, gripping the Capture Weapon as he stood in front of his mentor. "I couldn't do anything on my own. I'm still not strong enough. This was also my transfer exam, right?"

"You knew?" Vlad King asked, taken aback. He turned to Aizawa. "Did you tell him?"

"No, but thinking about the timing and format, it seemed like it would be a good opportunity to test me," Hitoshi replied, "and I was the only one who participated twice."

"For now, we still have to do the critique," Aizawa reviwed indifferently. His eyes drifted to the dry blood on Miyuki's forehead. "Hurry up and go back, you two. Sasaki, get your head wound checked out by the old lady."

"Yes, sensei," she responded.

When Miyuki arrived at the infirmary, after Recovery Girl treated her head injury as well as the bruises littering her body, she approached Izuku who had arrived earlier, too. Immediately, she wrapped her arms around him in a tight embrace.

"I'm glad you're alright. You really gave us... gave me a scare back there," she breathed out. "It was all so sudden, too, and I didn't know what was going on with you or your Quirk or how to help you and you were crying from the pain, but I rushed and I wasn't sure how to make it all stop since... since..."

Izuku returned the embrace as her voice cracked slightly. It made his heart ache, hearing her worry for him like this and on the brink of tears. Ever since Sir Nighteye's passing, he hadn't seen her shed a single tear - not once. She just kept smiling... as much as she could, at least, because she knew he was going to worry.

But he did, anyway. He was worried for her, even now, as he felt a drop on his shoulder.

But, even so...

"I'm all right now, Yuki-Chan," Izuku replied softly, squeezing her assuringly. "I'm sorry for worrying you so much. I promise I won't do that again."