◆Chapter 7◇

A few weeks before the
Farewell festival:

"Do you have everything you need?"

"Yes!"

He chuckled over the line. "I know you're excited, but you have to make sure you're properly prepared for the semester. Okay?"

"Yeah, yeah." She pouted - not that Tsukauchi could see - and rifled through the package. "I'm not a little girl anymore, Tsukauchi-ojiisan~. I know how to take care of myself."

"It never hurts to be careful, Mimi."

"Hmm... I guess you're right." Miyuki crossed her legs on her bed. She picked a pamphlet from her U.A. welcome box.

"When am I not?" She could hear the smile in his voice. She smiled fondly.

It had been months since she last saw the detective who had become like an uncle to her. His work often kept him busy, she understood, and she missed him a lot.

"How did your finals go?"

"Hm... They were a bit easier than I expected."

"Ah, I'm glad to hear. I'm not surprised, though. Did you overstudy again?"

"Eh heh..." Miyuki sheepishly rubbed her neck. "I-I mean..."

She was guilty.

Miyuki had a stellar record at Reiko. She was at the top of most of her classes. Being a hero was a lifelong dream of hers, although the thought of being number one hadn't really occurred to her before she met All Might and Izuku.

Now, with her textbook in her lap, her aim was to pass at the top.

"It's not such a bad thing, right? I was taking enough breaks and staying hydrated," Miyuki explained, smiling shyly.

"You better have been, otherwise I'll have to cancel your visits to the shelter again."

She blanched. "Ojii-san, that's cruel!"

"So is not taking care of yourself."

Beep! Beep!

Miyuki pulled her phone from her ear. Izuku had sent her a text.

All Might wants to meet!

"Ojii-san? Can I call you later? I have to go somewhere with my friend."

"Oh, is this the new friend you were telling me about?"

"Y-Yeah! He's the one I told you about last week."