◆Chapter 88◇

ROUND 2

The second match of the day quickly proved to be just as thrilling as the first one, if not more so. After wishing Momo, Toru, Fumikage, and Yuga good luck before they made their way onto the training ground, Miyuki found herself delving deeply into her observations almost as eagerly as Izuku took notes in his 'Hero Analysis for the future' book.

She wasn't so familiar with as many people in Class B, so she watched the Quirks of Manga, Kinoko, and Kuroiro Shihai closely - especially the latter's, since he used his Quirk - which she found very similar to her own shadows - to maneuver through the shadows and kidnap Yuga.

"That's very crafty," Miyuki commented, holding her chin as she watched Yuga get dragged rapidly along the pipeline system. "To use his surroundings to his advantage like that, Kuroiro-Kun must've figured out Dark Shadow's inability to move easily within such a cramped space..."

However, it soon became clear Shihai hadn't taken into account the extent of Fumikage's new move - Dark Shadow: Dark Fallen Angel, an ultimate move that allowed him to fly as his floating Quirk held onto him while being shielded from the light by a cloak.

Yuga was swept out of Shihai's hold by Fumikage.

"Aoyama-San, your Navel Buffet!" Momo instructed as she and Toru ran behind the two. "Tokoyami-San, fly as you will!"

"Dark Shadow, put on the cloak!" Fumikage told his Quirk. Dark Shadow did as told and Yuga fired off his lasers, brightening the pipeline beneath them instantly.

With nowhere else to run, Shihai fled the shadows. Toru and Momo caught up to him easily - but before they could capture him, a mushroom popped up on Momo's nose, quickly followed by dozens more on herself and Toru.

Manga used his Comic Quirk to separate Momo from the others using a wall of Katakana characters. Yuga tried using his laser on it, but it hardly made a scratch on its surface. Manga created a humidifier, causing more mushrooms to spawn on Class A's team.

It's like a nightmare, Miyuki thought, feeling her skin crawl as she looked at the mushrooms popping up all over Toru's body.

"Separating the leader from the pack," Miyuki observed, nodding. "Kendo-San is smart. It's definitely an effective strategy and they're certainly on the defensive. Although..."

Itsuka appeared behind Momo and aimed a punch at her. The black-haired girl raised a tungsten shield, but it crumpled easily from the force of Itsuka's hit and she was pushed back.

"Kendo-San isn't giving her time to think at all," Miyuki observed as Itsuka rained down punches on Momo, who was only able to defend herself with a series of shields. "She's pushing the odds in her favour by turning this into an endurance battle..."

"She created an advantageous situation for herself in no time!" Tetsutetsu cheered, punching the air. "Her plan was right on the money! What did I say? She's smart and makes quick decisions calmly! That's our Kendo-San for you!"

"We still don't know if that was the best move," Shoto spoke up coolly. "If Yaoyorozu was separated because they were worried about her, then they might've misjudged her. If they were worried about Yaoyorozu, then the four of them should've worked together from the start to beat her."

"Huh?!" Tetsutetsu exclaimed.

"This predicament is still within expectations for her," Shoto replied. "Since it's within expectations, she should be able to construct a path to take her to victory. It's what Yaoyorozu Momo is best at!"

Once Itsuka blew away her opponent's shields, she went in for the finishing blow - Only to pause when Momo created a cannon pointing right in her direction.