◆Chapter 35◇

After two days of relaxing and catching up on the events of the sports festival with Izuku, Miyuki woke up to return to school at last. Since it was raining that morning, she started off later than usual after getting up a few minutes past the time her alarm went off.

After dropping Poncho off at one of the neighbour's homes, a good client of hers, she made a mad dash to Izuku's home and just barely made it in time to catch up to him. He was surprised by this, too, since she was the one always wearing a watch between the two of them, but Miyuki didn't give him much time to comment on it when she grabbed his wrist and sped the two of them to the station before they missed their train.

The two teenagers barely had a moment to breathe out a sigh of relief when they got on, though, for one man in a suit looked up from his newspaper and his face lit up with recognition almost instantly.

"Midoriya and Shizuka from the Hero course!"

Izuku jumped slightly, surprised by the sudden eruption of attention, and Miyuki blushed lightly, unused to the public attention, too.

"Good job at the sports festival!" said one man, giving them a thumbs up when they glanced his way. "You two were so close!"

"Midoriya was in the top eight and Shizuka in the top three, right?" Asked another man, and Miyuki quickly looked away from him when he winked at her. "Good job!"

"You were both so cool!" A lady exclaimed from nearby. "You're so much prettier in person, Shizuka-Chan! Your mother must be so proud of you, and your father, too!"

"Ye-Yeah..." Miyuki responded, not at all sure how Kasumi and Ren found it since she didn't see them that morning.

"He's smaller than I expected," commented another man. "He reminds me of when I was young."

"Yeah, it's like he's trying really hard," said another woman. "It's always nice to see people who push themselves to work hard like them."

"Do your best, heroes!"

"W-We will!" Miyuki and Izuku responded, getting off the train quickly when they arrived at their destination.

It was still showering, so they pulled out their umbrellas as they stepped out into the outskirts of the city. As soon as they did, however, Miyuki paused as a weird feeling washed over her.

"Yuki-Chan?" Izuku asked worriedly when he noticed his best friend had stopped walking. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Yeah," Miyuki answered. She shook her head then continued walking. "Sorry. I just got this weird sense of deja vu..." She trailed off, glancing at their dreary surroundings. "I had this strange dream the other day, too. You were in it, holding this sword, and I was there, too, doing some kind of... magic? Although, I can't remember the rest of it from there..." She looked down at the ground, going into deep thought.

"I can't believe people recognize us," Izuku said bashfully, snapping Miyuki out of her train of thought. "It's really stressful, isn't it? I still can't believe it!"

"Well, it was broadcast nationwide," Miyuki replied. "I'm sure people all over Japan were watching us! But yeah, it is pretty -"

"Midoriya-Kun! Shizuka-Kun!"

The two of them turned around to see it was none other than Tenya calling them. He was marching down the pavement quickly, his arms moving at his sides.