◆Chapter 44◇

Soon, it was time for All Might's class and the students of Class 1-A made their way to the locker rooms to change into their hero costumes. As she got into hers, Miyuki decided against wearing her gloves. Her bandages weren't off yet, and she didn't want to cause herself any further injury since her bones were still setting. And since she wasn't fully healed yet, she hoped their lesson wasn't going to be too strenuous.

Then again...

This is the Hero course, she reminded herself as she walked outside. Her friends were already gathered there. No matter how simple the exercise may be, it will always be beyond our expectations.

Miyuki glanced out of the corner of her eye and saw Katsuki standing at a distance from everyone else when she made her way outside. The explosive boy looked up and when their eyes met, neither of them looked away. A tight cord was strung between them, keeping them apart yet quivering to be loosened. Katsuki sneered at her and Miyuki, seeing the weird face he was making, smiled at him before looking away.

"What's going on with you two?" Ejirou spoke up as he walked over to the half-and-half girl. "You look like you're about to kill each other."

"Or kiss each other," Mina added in as she joined them.

"That's not it at all," Miyuki quickly said, sweatdropping at her friends' comments. "It's nothing, really. I got lost in thought and I just happened to look in that general direction."

"Sure~," Mina said.

Soon, everyone gathered together as All Might arrived and their class began.

"Okay, I am here," he announced to the students. "Anyway, we'll start now - Right. It's hero basic training! Long time no see, boys and girls. How've you been?"

He sounds like one of those sports commentators, Miyuki thought to her own amusement.

"Since you've all just gotten back from your internships, we'll have some fun with a rescue training race!" All Might informed them. Tenya's hand shot up and Miyuki flinched, getting out of the way in time to avoid getting hit in the face.

"If we are doing rescue training, then shouldn't we do it at USJ?" Asked the blue-haired boy.

"That place is for training for disasters," The number one hero explained. "Do you remember what I said? That's right! I said 'race!' This is Field Gamma!"

Miyuki looked up at the intricate structure made entirely of metal laid out before them. A wide smile spread onto her face, excitement coursing through her body. She couldn't wait to test out her new speed in this place!

"A dense area filled with factories laid out like an intricate labyrinth. You'll break up into 5 or 6 person groups and go through the training one group at a time," All Might instructed. "When I send out a distress signal from somewhere inside, you'll all start at once from the outskirts of the city! It's a race to see who will rescue me first! Of course, you'll have to keep damage to buildings to a minimum."

"Don't point at me!" Katsuki stated when All Might's finger landed on him. Miyuki sweat dropped at the whole scene while also concealing her smile with her hand.

"All right, first group, get in place!" All Might exclaimed before going to take his place in the middle of the labyrinth. "Come on!"

Izuku, Tenya, Mashirao, Hanta, and Mina - the first group - made their way inside while the rest of the class gathered around the large screen to watch them.

"Iida hasn't completely recovered yet, right?" Denki asked as he looked up at the screen. Miyuki nodded. "He should just watch."

"This group has everyone in the class with good mobility," Ejirou pointed out.