◆Chapter 9◇

At the end of their Quirk Assessment test, Aizawa had them gather around him in the middle of the field. Miyuki stood beside Izuku as she massaged her hands and arms. Thanks to her now constant training with her quirk, there were barely any cracks or tattoos on her skin, although her body tingled with signs of numbness.

"Okay, I'll quickly tell you the results," Aizawa started. "The total is simply the marks you got from each test. It's a waste of time to explain verbally, so I'll show you the results all at once."

1st) Todoroki Shoto ----- 2nd) Shizuka Miyuki

3rd) Yaoyorozu Momo ----- 4th) Bakugo Katsuki

5th) Iida Tenya ----- 6th) Tokoyami Fumikage

7th) Shoji Mezo ----- 8th) Ojiro Mashirao

9th) Kirishima Ejirou ----- 10th) Ashido Mina

11th) Uraraka Ochaco ----- 12th) Koda Koji

13th) Sato Rikido ----- 14th) Asui Tsuyu

15th) Aoyama Yuga ----- 16th) Hanta Sero

17th) Kaminari Denki ----- 18th) Jirou Kyoka

19th) Hagakure Toru ----- 20th) Mineta Minoru

21st) Midoriya Izuku

Miyuki was shocked to see her name in front of everyone else's, much less second place. She wasn't trying to aim for the top, even. Probably just fourth or fifth place. Sure, she was used to being the top of her class back at Reiko, but this was the Hero Course.

What made her feel worse, though, was as she searched the list, she saw no sign of Izuku's name until she reached the bottom. She looked at him and her heart sunk at his defeated expression.

"By the way, I was lying about the expulsion," Aizawa spoke up. "It was a rational deception to draw out the upper limits of your quirks."

Everyone sighed. Izuku cried in relief. Miyuki reached out to squeeze his shoulder, smiling softly.

"Of course, that was a lie," Yaoyorozu said. Everyone turned to look at her, perplexed. "It should have been obvious if you just thought it through."

"That was a little nerve-wracking, huh?" Said Sero Hanta.

"I'll take up the challenge anytime!" Kirishima Ejirou held up his fist.

"Somehow, I don't think he was lying..." Miyuki pitched in. Aizawa seemed pretty serious and like he was actually going to expel Izuku for a second there. All the students turned to her and she immediately became shy. "I-I only mean that he doesn't seem like the kind of teacher to lie about that kind of thing."