◆Chapter 42◇

In almost no time, Shoto removed all the knives hidden within the villain's clothes before the half-and-half boy tied him. Since her right side was still slightly paralysed, Miyuki leaned against the wall of the alley for support. She looked at her right side and tried wriggling her fingers, but only her pinky moved.

She couldn't quite understand it - one half of her body was paralyzed while the other half wasn't? She was grateful she could still move, even in the smallest way, but it still begged the question:

What had she done with her Quirk that resulted in this partial side-effect?

I didn't hold back this time, she realized. Miyuki flexed all of her fingers on her right hand. Could that be it? Is my body adjusting to my Quirk now that I'm using it more?

"Native-San, can you move?" Izuku asked. Miyuki turned around to see the Pro Hero had finally come out of his paralysis and was carrying a heavily injured Izuku. 

"Yeah, I'm okay now," Native answered, nodding at the boy before giving his injuries a look. "You hurt your legs, right? Let me do this, at least."

"Th-Thank you very much," Izuku replied gratefully. Miyuki pushed herself off the wall. She was starting to get feeling back in her body, so she carefully tried moving on her own.

"That's my line," Native responded kindly. The half-and-half girl turned to look at Shoto, relieved that all of them had come out of this alive.

"Shoto-Kun, I'll pull it," she offered as she walked over to him. He was walking over to the rest of them, pulling the Hero Killer behind him as they exited the alleyway.

"Your arms are all messed up, right?" Shoto asked her, insisting on pulling the villain. "So is your leg." She sheepishly scratched her cheek, feeling silly after having him point those out.

"Sorry..." Native said, looking at the teenagers. "Even though I'm a pro, I was just in the way."

"Don't think like that, Native-San," Miyuki said gently. "The Hero Killer is dangerous and elusive. Many other heroes struggled to pin him down, too." 

"Fighting four-on-one with the guy making mistakes himself, we still barely won," Shoto added. "He was probably flustered and forgot about Midoriya's recovery time. And he wasn't able to deal with Iida's last Reciproburst, Shizuka's light, or Midoriya's movements."

"That's right," Miyuki agreed, offering an assuring smile. "So don't be too hard on yourself."

"Now," Native said. He and the four teenagers emerged onto the main street which was just as deserted as the alleyway. "Let's get this guy to the police –"

"Wha?! Why are you here?!"

"Hm?" Miyuki looked curiously across the street and realized it was Izuku being addressed when he froze. The man addressing him was elderly and dressed in a yellow full-body suit, boots, and cape with a black mask.

"Gran Torino!" Izuku exclaimed, and Miyuki realized this must be the man he was doing his internship with. "Gran Tor –"

Miyuki winced when the old man slammed his foot into Izuku's face, promptly cutting him off.

"I thought I told you to stay on the bullet train!" Gran Torino berated him.

"Izuku," Miyuki called as she went to check on her friend.

"Who's that?" Shoto asked.

"The hero I'm interning with, Gran Torino," Izuku answered, rubbing his face. "But why?"