◆Chapter 71◇

Miyuki blinked as she took in the scene playing out in front of her. For some reason, Minoru was dangling from Mezo's arms and the boys, except Shoto and Rikido, were holding back Katsuki who seemed like he was going to explode.

"What's going on here?" She asked them. Poncho wriggled in her arms, but she couldn't let him down just yet, so she held him in a way in which he'd be more comfortable. "Is everything okay?"

Ejirou, Fumikage, Denki, and the other boys keeping Katsuki from beating up Minoru released him, confusing her even more. She'd gone up to her room to feed her pet then changed into her tracksuit. On her way down, she heard lots of noise coming from the first floor, so she assumed they were being lively as usual. Now they were acting weird.

What happened whilst she was gone?

"Everything's fine, Miyuki-San," Ejirou assured her. "You don't have to worry!"

"Yeah, don't worry," Denki agreed, standing up at once. He gave her a bright smile and a thumbs up. "We were just finishing giving the last of our trash to Bakugo!"

Miyuki looked at all of their faces before turning to the common area where the girls were seated, but they were no longer there.

They must have gone to their rooms, she realized as she turned back to face the boys, her eyes landing on Katsuki who had gathered the garbage bags in his arms. He marched towards the door. She raised her brow in curiosity, setting Poncho down as she followed him outside.

Since taking out the garbage was previously Izuku's duty, Miyuki gladly led him to the garbage disposal area, allowing Poncho off his leash since they wouldn't be going very far today.

She glanced at him from time to time as they walked, being careful not to let him notice as she did so. She took note of the irritated expression still on his face and his grip on the bags seemed rougher than necessary. She wasn't sure what happened after she left, but from the way she noticed Mezo holding Minoru and the boys holding onto him, she guessed the miniature hero had to have been the cause.

In any case, she still felt relieved. No one was hurt and he hadn't hurt anyone.

A small smile made its way onto her face as she glanced at him from the corner of her eye again. Katsuki, feeling her eyes on the side of his head, felt the back of his neck quickly warm up.

"What is it?" He asked her. Miyuki's smile widened as she looked ahead of her.

"I was just thinking how weird I find it to see you doing housework," she replied honestly, looking back at him. "... It's a really nice look on you."

"What's that supposed to mean?" He questioned her, slightly taken aback by her comment. "Are you trying to piss me off again?" She chuckled lightly, which made him look at her.

"No, I'm only saying it's a comfortable thing to see on you. You're really skilled, and I saw how you took good care of the cleaning this week," she told him, her cheeks colouring a bit. "Just like you were with the vegetables at the training camp..."

He watched as the smile on her face dampened. It was like watching a light bulb flicker, gradually dimming after each spark of light.

"I only cook and clean when I have to. I'm not a skilled pro at them," he replied, continuing the conversation.

"That's okay. I'm pretty decent with a broom and a spatula," she spoke, her smile returning. "If you'll ever need my help, I'm always willing to help you, Firecracker."

His face coloured slightly at her words. Just what did she mean by that? How were they going to do that? Did she think they were going to live together in the future? Would he want to live with her?