Chapter 86: What a Fun (and Very Safe!) Trip to I-Expo

A loud grating sound fills the room, and you look up as metal panelling slams down over each of the windows.

"What the...!"

"Seriously?! Someone snuck a bomb here?" Kaminari says.

"My phone has no signal. It looks like all reports are being blocked." Todoroki stays planted directly next to you as he checks his phone.

"Mine too..." You say. "It was going through just a minute ago."

"Seriously?" Mineta shivers.

Jiro tries getting the elevator to react, but nothing happens. "The elevator isn't responding either."

"Seriously?!" Mineta whips his head towards her as he repeats himself.

"I can't believe the security system would switch to high alert mode just because they found something explosive." Melissa says.

"Maybe it's a big bomb and they're trying to keep the public from panicking too much?" You wonder.

"Iida, I think we should all go to where the party is being held." Midoriya says.

"Why?"

"Because All Might is at the party."

"He is?" Uraraka asks.

"Oh, then we have nothing to worry about." Mineta sighs.

Midoriya turns to Melissa. "Melissa, can you get us to the party somehow?"

"If we use the emergency stairs, I think we can get close to the party." She points to a set of doors in the corner of the lobby.

"Please lead the way!" Midoriya tells her.

All of you hurry through the building and come to the large room above the party hall. There's a giant skylight between the two floors, and you peer down.

"All Might...! He's restrained!" You gasp.

"But that's the security system!" Melissa says.

"Something isn't right here." Iida turns to Midoriya. "What should we do?"

Midoriya peers over the rail beside you, and grabs his phone from his pocket. He begins flashing his flashlight on and off, and All Might looks up.

"He's noticed us!" Midoriya says. "Jiro, can you do it?"

Jiro nods and plugs her ear jack into the ground. "Got it."

Midoriya gestures for All Might to talk, and he understands.

"Can you hear me? Villains have taken over the tower. They have control of the security system, and everyone on this island is a hostage. All of the heroes have been captured as well. It's dangerous. Get away from here as soon as possible." Jiro hears All Might say, and you all wait to hear her repeat it.

"This is really bad, Midoriya." Jiro says. She tells you all what All Might said, and you all stand in shocked silence.

"Let's move out of view." You say. Everyone follows you to the stairwell, with Todoroki refusing to leave your side.

"We have recieved All Might's message. I suggest that we follow the directions of UA teacher and pro hero All Might and escape from this place." Iida says.

"I agree with Iida's opinion." Momo says. "We are still students. We can't fight against villains without our hero licenses."

As she says it, you share uneasy glances with Midoriya and Todoroki.

"Then what if we escape and tell heroes outside–"

Melissa shakes her head at Kaminari. "I think it would be hard to escape. This place is built with the same level of security as Tartarus, where criminal villains are kept."