142: Finding The Others

"Ah! Sero! There's one person all by themselves over to the right!" You fiddle with your helmet and lock on to them. "Got them! Let's hope it's one of our friends!"

"For sure!" Sero follows you, your hand still wrapped in his.

The two of you slowly approach the area where the single student is, and peek around the corner. "Ochako!!" You exclaim.

"Huh?! Y/n! Sero! How'd you find me?" The brunette turns towards the two of you, and notices your hand holding Sero's. She looks between you and Sero, who gives her a wide grin as he shows off. She raises her eyebrow and makes a surprised but impressed face back at him. Not noticing their silent discussion, you let go of his hand and step towards her to give her a hug. She sticks her tongue out at Sero over your shoulder as she hugs you back, and he playfully clutches his chest in feigned pain.

"I'm so glad we found you! We're looking for the others! My helmet's water sensing feature differentiates between people, so I can't see who, but I can see when people are singled out."

A boom sounds not too far away and the three of you turn your heads in the same direction. "That doesn't sound good..." Sero sighs.

You look at your helmet's sensor and see a large group of people. Two of them separate and flee from the crowd. "It might be our classmates! Two people just ran away from a crowd!"

"Right! Let's hurry then!" Uraraka and Sero nod and follow your lead. You manage to avoid any other students as you approach the area where the two individuals are hiding.

"Things are moving along quickly now! At present we have 52, no make that 53 passing examinees! One after another at this point." Mera says over the announcements. "And many students are claiming more than two victims each, considering we currently have 230 disqualified students!"

"Crap, that's more than half!" Sero says.

"Oh, there's number 54! Over half of the spots have been taken now, so let's hurry things up and finish this thing!"

You feel your heart race as you hear Mera's announcement. "If these aren't our classmates up ahead, you two take one each."

"Huh? But what about you, Y/n?!" Uraraka asks.

"I'll get the next one!! At this rate, we don't have much time left to search for the others. We'll go here, but then I think it's time to make sure we can move on! For all we know, we may be the last in our class out here!" You say.

"That's true... We don't know who has passed and who hasn't... It makes it hard to decide what to do..."

"Wait!" You whisper shout at Sero and Uraraka. They slam to a halt beside you, and you peer around the corner. Your eyes widen at the sight in front of you. Sero peeks over your head and his jaw drops. In front of you, the girl from Shiketsu is naked and lunging at Midoriya. The only thing covering her skin is a greyish hued goo that barely hides her features.

Thinking quickly, Sero launches tape at the girl, and she narrowly jumps back in time to avoid it. "Midoriya!! Just what the hell is going on over here?!"

"Sero!! Your timing couldn't be better!" Midoriya calls back.

"Now, Y/n!! Uraraka!!" Sero shouts, and you blast water from the air at the nude girl, turning it to icicles as it approaches. She easily dodges them, and Uraraka attempts to tap her with her fingertips. Amazingly, she dodges again, and she perches on a rock above.

"And things were just getting good..." The girl sighs. "Too bad, really...! For real! I wanted to talk a bit more, but it looks like that won't be possible now. Too bad."