152: Bakudeku's First Conversation

You quickly slip your shoes on and sneak out the front door, bringing your rice with you. The two boys are far enough ahead that they don't notice you tailing them as you eat. Bakugou seems to be leading Midoriya somewhere, and wherever it is, it's a decent walk. Eating as you walk, you recognize the way to Ground Beta. This is where we had our first battle exercise... The two boys disappear into the grounds, and you carefully sneak after them. It's a few minutes before you catch up, and although you can hear their voices, it's hard to tell where they are. That is, until you hear the familiar boom of Bakugou's quirk. Oh my god, they're seriously fighting?!

Following the sounds of explosions and shouting, you finally spot the two boys. Bakugou stumbles backward, landing on his ass. It's hard to make out what they're talking about, so you sneak closer, ducking into an alley. Finally, you can understand them.

"Why?! Why was it me who put an end to All Might?!!" Your heart drops as you hear the crack in Bakugou's voice. "If I'd only been stronger... If I hadn't gotten kidnapped by those stupid villains...! Everything would have still been fine!! All Might's acting all tough still, and everyone is moving past it! Even Y/n has been feeling better, and she got freaking tortured!!! And that guy...!!!" Bakugou wipes his eyes with the back of his hand, and you want to run and give him a hug, but it's not your place. "If I try to forget about it... It all just comes rushing back! I've got no freaking idea what I'm supposed to do!!" His voice cracks again, and it comes out in a strangled sob.

I shouldn't eavesdrop... You give Bakugou one last fleeting look and turn away. That's when you spot him. "All Might?!" You whisper-shout. He's in the alley next to you. He sees you and shushes you. Bakugou and Midoriya begin fighting again, and All Might hurries over towards you. "What are you doing here?"

"I should be asking you that. Aizawa and I both got notified by a security robot saying that two students from 1A were out here. I didn't think you'd be here, too." All Might says.

"I saw them hurry off when I went downstairs to get food. I was worried they would be fighting over the exam today, but when I got here... Well... You heard Bakugou." You say. "I don't know if it's right for us to interrupt right now, I mean, he's actually being honest about his feelings for once and asking for help. Especially from Midoriya..."

"I don't plan on stopping them unless they do anything drastic. Damn... I didn't realize just how bad he was hurting."

"Me either..." You sigh. It feels inappropriate now to be eating your rice, but you're so hungry you can't not. "Wow... They're really going at it, huh?" The two boys are screaming at each other as they fire attack after attack, and it's hard to keep your eyes focused on them.

All Might nods. "I believe this is the first time they've actually talked about their honest feelings together."

"Might be the first time they actually had a conversation, period." You say, taking another bite of your food. Bakugou shouts at Midoriya, surprising all of you by saying Midoriya was always following him in order to one day surpass him and that Midoriya's looked down on him since they were kids. Midoriya looks dumbfounded. "Bakugou can be kind of dense, huh?" You say to All Might, who nods. "Ask anyone and they'll tell you Midoriya is Bakugou's number one fan."

"Unfortunately, Young Bakugou doesn't seem to realize that."

"I wonder how things would have gone differently for them growing up if they had this conversation a decade ago..."

"They would be quite the duo..." All Might nods.

"I could only admire All Might from a distance, but you were always right there! This amazing person in my life!!!" Midoriya screams. He races towards Bakugou, faster than usual. "That's why I always chased you, Kacchan!!!!"