Chapter 16: A Trip Down Memory Lane

Of course, because Tsuyu jumped towards water, there wasn't really anything to land on. Before you all made a huge splash that would attract attention from other villains, you use your quirk to bring the water up towards you in a sort of cylinder.

"Hold your breath!" You whisper just loud enough for the two boys to hear. You didn't worry much about Tsuyu with her being a frog and all.

The four of you land in the water and make a very small splash before sinking down into the raised water. You quickly lower it down until you get to the surface. The two boys gasp for air as you surface.

"Sorry guys!" You whisper. You were close to the shore of the artificial lake, and near the plaza where Aizawa was fighting.

"I took a really clean dump this morning, so they should be stuck together all day." Mineta says as Tsuyu drags him closer to the shore.

"Gross."

Midoriya begins muttering about how close of a call that was, and starts to freak you out. If you hadn't just seen him smash the water like that, you'd think his quirk was super fast thinking and speaking.

"Midoriya, stop that. It's scary." Tsuyu tells him. "So what should we do now?"

"For now, calling help is our top priority. If possible, we should follow the shoreline to the exit and avoid the plaza all together." Midoriya explains.

"But what about Aizawa and the others?" You ask. "We need to help. A lot of our classmates don't have offensive quirks, and Aizawa is outnumbered. They need our help until the other pros get here."

"Y/n...! Are you crazy?! Do you see those guys Aizawa is fighting?!" Mineta whispers at you.

"That's exactly why he needs our help!" You shoot back.

"Y/n is right. Of course he's more than holding his own out there, but ... It's too much for him. He knew that, but he still jumped in to protect us." Midoriya agrees with you.

"Don't tell me you two are really that stupid!! Did you two knock your heads too hard when the ship was split like an egg?!"

"I'm not saying we should dive right into the fight." Midoriya says. "Just that we should watch for an opening and do what we can to lighten his load..." The four of you turn back towards the plaza and watch Aizawa fight.

After defeating a few more of the villains, he races towards the man covered in hands who appears to be the leader.

"Aizawa looks like he's getting really tired..." You point out.

When Aizawa reaches the villain, he slams into him. The villain catches his elbow, and you watch in horror as his elbow begins to fall apart and disintegrate. Aizawa quickly punches him in the face and jumps away.

More villains begin to attack him before a large muscular creature with its brain sticking out grabs him. He slams Aizawa into the ground face first and sits on top of him to prevent him from moving.

Crack!

"No...!" Like a twig, Aizawa's arm is broken with just one squeeze. His screams fill the air, and you fail to notice the water around you begin to slowly freeze. You can only see the blood and limp body of your teacher, and hear his scream echo in your ears.

Flashback to almost two years before...

Sirens fill the night. Even though they blare, all you can hear are your parents final screams repeat in your ears. A hero stands in front of you and tries asking you something, but you can't hear him. Everything around you is bathed in red and blue lights, but the red covering the ground and your body stick out like a stain on a white shirt.