Chapter 93: Roll Credits

"I can't believe it... They really did it!" You cheer alongside your classmates and catch Bakugou's face. He's genuinely smiling, something you rarely see. Todoroki also catches his smile, and when Bakugou sees you both grinning at him, he scowls and turns away.

Not letting him pretend not to be happy, you swing an arm around each boy's shoulder and pull them into a hug. "Thank you, you two! I was so scared! You both really saved me!"

Both boys are caught off guard by your sudden hug, but don't fight it. Not even Bakugou. Todoroki gives you an awkward pat on the back, and Bakugou rolls his eyes.

"Tch, what's the matter with you, getting all sentimental? Of course I saved you."

You laugh at Bakugou's comment, appreciating his constant attitude, remaining even after everything that had happened.

"Y/n, what happened to you after we got separated?" Todoroki asks, holding on to your arm as concern fills his eyes. "I shouldn't have let you go ahead without me..."

You pull back from the two boys and sigh. "I sent them up ahead and fought this guy with sword arms, and then met up with them when I beat him. There were guys with guns, but Midoriya took care of them. We found Melissa's dad, and I stayed back while Midoriya and Melissa went to talk to him. Turns out he organized the villain attack to get that tech the villain was using back. But they were supposed to be fake."

"The professor organized it?" Todoroki asks.

"Yeah, pretty messed up, huh? It really surprised me."

"What a useless piece of shit... Who would volunteer to be fake villains? They'd have to be idiots or be desperate for cash." Bakugou says. 

"Or actual villains." Todoroki says.

"It surprised me so much, I let my guard down while I was supposed to be on lookout, and the villain got me. He used me as a hostage, so Midoriya couldn't attack him. Then he trapped Midoriya, and knocked me out." Both boys get a dark look in their eyes as you reenact the villain's punch. "Next thing I know, Midoriya is shaking me awake, telling me they were escaping, so we followed and got up here as the villain was throwing the prof in a helicopter. We tried stopping him, but he was going to shoot the prof if we attacked. Had a gun pointed directly at him and everything. He knocked us both down, and they took off. That's pretty much when All Might appeared. Then, you guys showed up a minute later."

"I shouldn't have let you go ahead." Todoroki repeats and stares at the ground.

"Oh come on, Shoto. They needed your help down below." You say.

"As if! I didn't need any help!"

"Either way, I'm glad I came up. I know Midoriya's strong, but he can be rash like you, Bakugou. You two are more alike than you'd think."

"That damn nerd is nothing like me!!"

You roll your eyes at Bakugou. "Whatever you say, Mr. Kacchan."

"Don't call me that!!"

.
.
.
.
.

After the events of I-Island, you were happy to be home safe in your bed. Once everything had settled, Momo had sent you and Todoroki the photo she had taken, and you were grateful for the memory of what your dress used to look like.

Now, it sits torn and blood stained in your closet. Washing it had removed the dirt, but the bloodstains remain. The scratched shoes were miraculously still connected to the heels, but there was no way you'd ever be able to wear them to a formal event again. Maybe a Halloween costume someday. Surprisingly, the necklace came out unscathed. You found yourself regarding it as a lucky charm, and had only taken it off at the hospital and for showers.

When your aunt was able to get ahold of you after your exciting vacation, you honestly thought she'd force you to move back home immediately. Thankfully, that didn't happen. You definitely got an earful, though. Especially since you still don't even have your provisional hero license yet.

That makes two different instances where you've fought villains without it. Thankfully, the most recent occurrence didn't land you in any trouble due to All Might's involvement, as well as it not taking place on land. If it had occurred in Japan... You didn't want to think about the verbal beating you'd take from the cops again. Since the only spectators of the event were villains, All Might, David Shield, as well as his daughter and assistant, and your classmates, the truth of the victory was a bit fudged. After all, what villains would want to admit they got beat by a few high school students who had only barely completed their first semester?

The day you arrived back at your apartment, Shinsou came by to meet with you and apologized for his actions. He still didn't tell you exactly why he had been treating you so coldly, but he seemed to be back to himself, so you didn't push it. Along with his genuine regret and worries towards you.

The two of you hung out a lot, and Shinsou had come with you to finish buying the items on your list for camp.

"So you really don't know where you'll be going now?" He asks.

"Not a clue. It kind of sucks I can't look up the weather predictions for the area. I just hope it's not too hot out." You sigh.

"It is summer. Besides, you can just cool yourself off, can't you?"

"Yeah, but it means I have to drink even more water than usual. Training all day in the hot sun is going to be brutal. Especially if we're in some really out-in-the-country place. I hope there's a big lake or something. That'd be really nice."

"What about bugs?"

"Ugh, don't remind me. Mosquitos always swarm me when I use my quirk in the summer. When I'm using water, at least."

"We'll have to grab you some bug spray at the camping store, too. I know you still need that sleeping bag."

"I can't believe the League of Villains really showed up last time I came here." You sigh. "They better not show up today. I've had enough of them recently. I just want to have a nice, relaxing, shopping trip at the mall, and then go on a nice, relaxing, training camp in the woods."

"I doubt you'll be doing much relaxing thanks to Aizawa."

You stop walking and look at Shinsou, caught off guard by his familiar attitude towards your teacher. "Huh?"

He waves it off and pushes ahead. "It's nothing... You're just always complaining about how hard he works your class. That's all..."

"Yeah... I guess so..." You give Shinsou a quizzical look, not quite buying it, but his face doesn't reveal anything further to you.

"Anyways... That necklace, I've been meaning to ask you... Where'd you get it from?" Shinsou lowers his eyes as he peers at it. "I've never seen you wear anything like it, and now that you're back from the expo, you haven't taken it off once. You buy it there or something?"

"Oh... It's a bit embarrassing, really. When Endeavor had Shoto invite me, he paid for an outfit for me to wear as well. He said it needed jewelry, so Shoto picked this out for me. It didn't get a single scratch on it during all the fighting, so I guess I just kind of feel like it's lucky or something..."

Shinsou doesn't seem to appreciate hearing your answer, but doesn't voice it. "Ah, I see. Well... It does look nice on you... And it does suit you..." He runs his hand through his hair. "You call him by his first name now, too."

"Thank you... Yes, he asked me to..."

Shinsou stuffs his hands in his pockets and looks away. "I guess with a guy like that... you must really like each other, huh?" He asks it gently, and you almost don't hear him.

A bit embarrassed, you shake your head. "No, no, no, it's nothing like that at all, Toshi. His father was the one who suggested it all; he wants me to intern for him in the future. Shoto just went along with it, so he wasn't bored by himself I'm sure."

Shinsou gives you a "Hmm..." but doesn't press the matter further. So long as Todoroki hadn't confessed any feelings towards you yet, he still had a chance.

A chance that was becoming more frustrating and heart breaking to try obtaining. Especially with all of his competition in your class.