2.9 - Bed Warmer

It suddenly started raining that night.

Qi Sangyuan hurriedly went outside to collect the food that was hanging to dry, while Bai Xia was busy collecting the clothes.

Stepping on the tail of the pouring rain, I entered the house.

Fortunately, I didn't get wet.

Qi Sangyuan left the grain open and piled it in the kitchen, then went to the pigsty to knock on the railings and dig ditches to prevent the pigsty from getting flooded the next day.

Bai Xia is particularly concerned about his pig.

After doing all this, he was soaked all over. He stood in the yard of the farmhouse, looking back at the dim light of the house, hazy in the rain curtain, like a jumping fire.

He simply went to the river and took a refreshing shower. Returning to the house shirtless, he wrung out his undershirt and wiped himself.

Bai Xia sat on a small stool by the fire and glanced at him, "Why are you so wet? Take a hot shower later to avoid catching a cold. The medicine is expensive."

What is burning on the fire is hot water. Bai Xia is afraid of cold and cannot take a cold bath.

Qi Sangyuan said, "You go and wash it first, and I'll boil a pot again."

Bai Xia carried the bucket to take a bath inside. Qi Sangyuan looked at the fire and then went to look for clothes in the cabinet.

He frowned and saw that Bai Xia's cabinet had a lot more clothes belonging to that bitch. Such large clothes submerged all Bai Xia's previous clothes in the corner.

Bai Xia folded the clothes neatly. Qi Sangyuan became irritated and messed up all the clothes. Then he picked a loose piece from Bai Xia's clothes and put it on himself.

It's very thin, very tight, and of terrible quality, but he's happy with it.

He flipped through it again, wanting to see how much money Bai Xia had saved, but it turned out that Bai Xia's two taels of broken silver were no longer where they were, and they might have been hidden in other secret corners.

This little bumpkin was still on guard against him.

When Bai Xia came out of the shower, Qi Sangyuan's hair had been dried and his clothes had been washed and hung. Not only that, he also helped Bai Xia wash the clothes very diligently.

"You don't want to take a hot bath?"

Qi Sangyuan turned off the stove, turned to Bai Xia and smiled, "I've already prepared it outside. I'll leave the hot water for you to wash your feet and face."

He said that he had already taken a basin and filled it with water for Bai Xia. The water temperature was suitable. On a crackling rainy night, putting his hands and feet in it made him feel comfortable and refreshed.

Qi Sangyuan took advantage of Bai Xia's feet to clean his room again, and even put the hot water bottle he had just installed on the neat table. Then he sat on the bed and waited for Bai Xia.

Bai Xia looked at him when he came in, "Do you really want to sleep with me? I have to cover most of the quilt at night. Don't blame me if you get cold."

Qi Sangyuan said with a smile: "I am particularly afraid of heat, so it is just comfortable without a quilt."

Bai Xia's bed is not big, with a width of 1.34 meters. It is very crowded for two grown men to sleep on, especially Qi Sangyuan, who is close to 1.9 meters tall.

But Qi Sangyuan only occupied a very small area on the bed. He lay on his side for fear of squeezing Bai Xia.

When Bai Xia was about to fall asleep, he moved over a little and gently pulled a corner of the quilt.