School (BuckyXSteve)

AN: Hey guys, this is another prompt which is a highschool AU with Stucky but I'm going to change the prompt around.

Summary: When Bucky moves to a new school he finds it hard to make friends because of the constant bullies that bully him because he has a metal arm.

Third Person's POV

"Get out of here freak" One of them sneered, Barnes scowled and clenches his fists. The guy's name was Brock Rumlow and he usually hung around with a group of people that bully Barnes. Ever since Barnes moved here he's been bullied constantly because of his arm.

"Can you leave me alone?" Barnes huffed, "Don't you people have something better to do?"

"Our job is to make sure you leave" Rumlow smirked, then shoved Barnes away. James didn't say anything, he was going to punch him but someone stepped in.

"Leave him alone Rumlow" A stern voice said, James turned around and saw a boy about the same age as him. He had blonde hair and was quite muscular for his age, Rumlow just rolled his eyes and walked away with his group. "Hey, are you ok?"

"I didn't need your help" Barnes said coldly, he glanced up to meet those navy blue eyes.

"I was just making sure they weren't hurting you" The other boy smiled, "I'm Steve, Steve Rogers"

"James, James Barnes" He replied, Steve just smiled softly. "T-Thanks, I'm new here and I don't think those people like me very much"

"Is it because of your arm? I think it looks cool" Rogers grinned, his hand slowly moved over to Barnes's metal arm. "What happened?"

"I'm not sure, it happened when I was young" Barnes replied.

"James or Barnes doesn't sound right to me, can I call you Bucky?"

James seemed taken back, no one had ever called him by a nick name. "Bucky?"

"Yeah, I mean if you don't like it..."

"No, it's good" Bucky smiled, "Actually can you show me where I have science? I'm not sure where to go"

Rogers grinned and nodded, "Actually, we practically have the same classes"

--------------------------------------

Barnes sat down by himself during the break, he didn't really want to bother Rogers since he was with his friends. He was also scared that Steve's friends would judge him as well.

"Hey, you're Bucky aren't you?" A voice spoke up, Barnes jumped and then glanced up at the tree. There was a boy sitting on a branch, he had dirty blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. He jumped down and sat next to Barnes. "My name's Clint Barton, I normally hang around Rogers"

"But you're not with him now" Barnes replied, eating a sandwich. Barton just grimaced and looked at some students. Barnes noticed bruises everywhere, around his face and his arms.

"Sometimes I hang around this tree and just spend time to myself" The other boy replied, "Why aren't you with Rogers?"

"I don't want to disturb him"

Barton smirked and just stared at the grass, he then looked at Bucky again and suddenly yanked him up and dragging him someplace. "Come on, I'm pretty sure Rogers would want to see you"

"B-but" Barnes insisted, his sandwich still half hanging out of his mouth. Soon Barton dragged him to where Rogers was sitting around.

"Bucky! Where have you been?" Steve asked, standing up and smiling at Barnes. "Thank you Clint, I was wondering where he was"

"Don't mention it" Barton said, before he took off.

"Sorry, I thought I would be disturbing you" Bucky said, standing around awkwardly.

"Why would you think that?" Steve frowned.

"I don't know, aren't you hanging around with your friends?"

"They don't mind" Steve smiled, "We're not going to kill you, you know"

"What's the deal with Barton?" Barnes frowned, "He has bruises everywhere"

"Oh that..." Steve trailed off, "He lives in an abusive home"

"Why doesn't he leave?"

"Actually I offered for him to come live with me" Rogers said, "My parents said that they wouldn't mind and they love Clint"

"That's kind"

Steve shrugged and offered for Bucky to come sit down with everyone else, there was a girl and two other boys sitting around each other.

"You're always welcome here Barnes" Natasha smiled, a girl he met recently. "The only dickhead around here is Tony"

"Hey!" Tony snapped, "I'll have you know I'm one of the friendliest people I know"

Barnes smiled to himself, Maybe these people will be alright.

74