The Universe Just Wants to Dick Me Over (BuckyxClint) [SOUL MATE AU 2/2]

AN: some of yall wanted a continuation to that soulmate bucky x clint one and hells yeah ill write it, but I also kinda wanna write it inside the 616!universe

For those that deeply know it, I'm sorry if I get details wrong here and there!! Im just going with what I know from what I've read.

This also means this chapter wont completely link to the last because I would have fucked up continuity AHHA.

Summary: Clint comes back after recovery and needless to say the information he caught up on was enough to overwhelm him. 

Third Person's POV

Perhaps he should have brought it up one point or another but he couldn't even if he wanted to. Recovery was slow since his soul mate had decided to fuck off and he had to heal normally which meant he was stuck at home for a couple of months.

By the time he checked in at Avengers Mansion ready to thank everyone for leaving him to suffer, he found out that things were incredibly different.

The first person he ran into was Natasha. She stared at him for a long while and if he wasn't wrong she was pissed. She marched up to him and pulled out a combat knife.

Oh God, were the only thoughts that flashed through his mind.

She dashed at him and he caught her arm but the knife was quickly thrown into the other hand and slashed at his stomach. He barely managed to move back as the knife cut his shirt and cut his skin a little.

"Nat? We can talk this out I swear!" He called out, "It's me, Clint. You remember, don't you? We used to fuck back in the days. Now there's just this awkward sexual tension between us that never really goes away."

Then she paused and shot him a look before sheathing her knife. "So you're not a skrull."

"A skrull? Why would you think that?" He sighed and glanced down at his shirt. He made a mental note that Natasha now owed him a new shirt.

"You've been gone for months." She stated and walked towards him, this time with less of an ill-intent. She touched his face and he let her considering she had just tried to kill him.

He always had a soft spot for her, even if she doesn't reciprocate those feelings anymore.

"Did you miss me that much?" He attempted to joke, and she breathed out through her nose.

"I thought you were dead, we all did." Her voice was kinder, and he almost felt bad for disappearing for so long. "What happened to you?"

"Uhh..." He trailed off and wondered how much he should reveal to her. "The Winter Soldier."

She glanced up to meet his eyes and pursed her lips. "What?"

"That SHIELD op that unfortunately went south-"

"The one you blindly ran into."

"Details." He scoffed and licked his lips, "Well it turns out the Winter Soldier is my soul mate?" His voice turned high pitch towards the end.

"James is your soul mate?" The way she said his name was strange, it was way to intimate which means he wasn't about to like the explanation he was about to force out of her.

"Why do you say his name like that?"

"Like what?"

"Oh for God's sake!" He snapped and pulled away from her, she frowned and crossed her arms as he kept his distance. "Don't fucking do that to me, just spit out whatever you're hiding."