Cats (T'challaXSam)

AN: Second round of prompts!! This one is bound to be cute, but I changed the prompt a little bit if you don't mind (randomgirl14)

Sorry if its late I've been overseas :)

Summary: T'challa volunteers at a local animal shelter. Nobody knows of this information but Sam manages to catch him one day.

Third Person's POV

Sam Wilson breathed in the familiar air of New York city. It felt years since he's last step afoot into the city. Ever since the accords he had been unable to leave Wakanda, but since matters were discussed and settled with he was able to come home.

Fortunately, the rest of the Avengers were able to return home as well. With them brought the King of Wakanda himself. The man had to settle more peace treaties after the explosion in the UN building.

Wilson walked down the street with a cup of coffee in hand. He was on his way back to his apartment but suddenly something caught his attention. It was an animal shelter with paned windows so passers-by could witness inside. The animals weren't the ones that caught his attention, he recognised somebody inside.

It was none other than the King of Wakanda himself, T'challa. Wilson couldn't help but smile and decided to step inside. The King immediately made eye contact with him, surprised to see Wilson here.

Throughout their time in Wakanda, the two managed to bond.

Awkwardness wasn't the feeling Wilson would describe right now. It was more so just surprise as o what a King was doing at a shelter.

"Fancy seeing you here." Wilson regarded and watched as T'challa picked up a kitten. "So you do have a thing for cats."

"In my culture, the panther is a sacred animal. We worship it and protect it." The King explained, "We treat cats the same way, they are a part of the panther lineage."

"I'm more of a dog person." Wilson smirked, T'challa managed a small smile and placed the kitten down on the counter.

"I did not say I disliked dogs. They are loyal animals." T'challa corrected and fed the kitten some formula. Wilson watched how gentle the man was with the small animal. "Would you like to help?"

Sam contemplated it before he realised he had nothing to lose. He walked over to the counter and stroked the animal's head.

"What do you want me to do?" Sam offered, T'challa handed him another kitten.

"Feed it as you've just seen me do." He responded and handed Wilson another syringe to help with the feeding. "Afterwards would you like to go out for dinner?"

Wilson raised an eyebrow. "Are you asking as a friend or...?"

"What do you want me to ask as?" The King chuckled and played with the kitten.

"Don't you have an arranged marriage as a king?"

"No, I don't." The man chuckled, "So yes to the dinner?"

"I don't see why not." Wilson shrugged and continued to watch T'challa interact with the small animals. He found it adorable how gentle the King was with the animals given his physique. He'd have to ask more about it later at their dinner.

AN: I kept this one short and sweet :)