Professionalism (ClintXSteve)

Summary:

Third Person's POV

"It's just a small favour" Rogers started, the archer immediately turned away and started to head off in the other direction. The Captain sighed and caught up to him, grabbing him by the shoulder. Barton turned around and crossed his arms while raising an eyebrow.

"No" He said in a tone that clearly meant 'no', Rogers frowned and stared at him. "Plus you can teach students fine on your own"

"There's a lot of students to deal with Clint. And it's not just new SHIELD recruits I have to deal with. I still have to train the New Avengers remember?" Rogers reminded, the archer took the offer into consideration. "You don't even have to teach a lot of classes"

"When do I start?" Clint asked, finally giving in. The Captain smiled glowingly and handed him a report with the class that he had to take. "Homeroom teacher?"

"Well this is an academy" Rogers contemplated, "I wish you luck Clint"

-----------------------------------------------

The Captain walked into the hall and watched from the corner. Barton was standing behind a desk, talking to the class about the basics of working at SHIELD. Steve couldn't help but smile in the background. Barton was dressed rather professionally (it was a miracle really), he wore a three-piece suit with the jacket folded and placed on the table. His sleeves were rolled up which revealed his flexed forearms. The archer quickly noticed Steve who was standing by the door and smirked.

"It seems Captain America himself has joined our class ladies and gentlemen" Barton said, gesturing towards Roger's general direction. The class turned and started to murmur quietly to themselves, Steve stepped inwards towards the class. He walked towards Barton and stood next to him, studying the class. "Please tell me you're taking the class from here"

"You seemed to be handling it quite well" The Captain acknowledged, the fact that the classroom hadn't burnt down was a sign. Barton looked like he'd rather be anywhere than teaching a class.

"I'm only a homeroom teacher, you have to remember that" Clint winked, "Maybe you should have thought about your scheduling better."

And with that, Barton stacked his folder along with his laptop neatly before taking his suit jacket. He then left the room leaving Rogers to take the class. The Captain shook his head and drew his attention back towards the class.

----------------------------------------

The two walked down the halls of the training centre exchanging mutual conversations. A student walked past them and handed in an assignment to Clint.

"I'm sorry that it was late" The student apologised frantically, Barton took the folder and smiled softly at her. The young girl blushed before taking her leave, Steve scoffed and smirked at him.

"What?" Clint frowned, Rogers smiled and shook his head.

"Face it, you like teaching" The soldier deduced, Barton raised an eyebrow.

"No it's a chore"

"I see the way you act around the students; you care about them"

"I have a responsibility over my students, it's nothing really"

"Not to mention you have a little fan club" Rogers teased, Clint turned red and turned his head towards another direction. "I'm not forcing you to teach here"

"It's alright, it's just annoying because I can't kiss you. Teacher's conduct or something" Hawkeye suddenly teased, Rogers snapped his head around.

"You can't say that around here"

"Why not?"

"Teacher's conduct Clint"

"Hey everyone!" Barton shouted, the students all glanced up. "Captain America is my boyfriend!"

Suddenly the students started to talk in between themselves, Rogers blushed and grabbed Barton's hand before dragging him into a classroom. The soldier locked the door behind them and Barton laughed.

"I just told you not to say that" Rogers hissed, the archer pouted and grinned at him.

"You know you love me" Clint said, wrapping his arms around the other man's shoulder and pressing a kiss against his cheek. Rogers turned his head and kissed him softly on the lips. "Now, now this isn't very professional is it?"

: