Bored (StevexBruce)

AN: updating soon? Who am I ? Jks I just wanna get prompts out of the way.

Also I have a super fun idea for a chapter, but like I don't know if we can pull it off. Basically remember that StevexClint I just did recently, people want a second part. I'd love to but how about you guys get to choose Steve's actions? (D:BH giving me so many ideas) so uh for example, at the end it could be like. Option1: kiss, 2: hit, 3: tease, etc etc. I mean would it mean that I would have to break it down into more parts, yes!! But I'd probably keep them shorter. I'll also probably only do this specific chapter every couple of chapters you know.

Anyway, thought that would be fun if y'all wanna. I wanna get you guys more involved in these works.

Summary: Steve admits his feelings for Bruce on a day where he has nothing to do.

Third Person's POV

It could have just been today with the rain softly falling outside but most if not all of his team were occupied. Their common floor usually had one or two lounging around but today it was completely barren. Nobody was in the kitchen fishing for whatever snacks they could steal, nobody was playing video games on the large array of consoles and in general nobody was there.

Steve let out a deep breath through his nose as he turned on the coffee machine. The sound of his drink being made echoed throughout the entire room. His eyes briefly glanced towards the large paned windows that overviewed the city. The rain didn't seem like it was going to let up anytime soon.

As the machine clicked to a halt, he picked up the cup and brought it to his lips. The temperature of the drink was enough to warm him up but not enough to burn his tongue. He stood there for a while, his finger fidgeted as he continued to hold his mug.

Put it simply, he was bored.

When the Avengers didn't have to save the world or complete tasks that law enforcement simply cannot; they were just young adults without jobs.

Tony spent most of his time either working on new inventions or studying. Steve was the only person that knew Tony still studied in his spare time. The brunette had already gained three PhDs in a rather short amount of time due to his intellect. However, he felt as if he could be doing more, or know more to further progress the world. With his PhDs, Stark's official title should have been 'Doctor' but Tony had always been embarrassed of that title and barred that knowledge from reaching the media. Steve teased him about the title every so often.

Natasha spent her time doing pretty normal things which was surprising to most. She usually baked and always served perfect deserts. If not, she enjoyed to read with soft music in the background; occasionally the team would buy her books to apologise for their bullshit. Sometimes she would shop and drag Steve with her. He didn't mind, it gave him something to do and a friend to talk to. She always seemed to have the most interesting conversation topics and it was amusing watching her complain about living with four boys.

Clint usually spent his time playing video games which made it strange that he wasn't in the living room today. Steve had always found it strange that the archer would rather play on the consoles in the shared space rather than the ones in his room. If it wasn't gaming Clint was probably playing a sport of some kind. The young man enjoyed playing basketball and soccer because frankly, he was good at it. Nobody on the team, not even Natasha had ever won a one-on-one match against him.

Thor was elsewhere dealing with matters of the universe and it wasn't as if Steve could just text him.

Bruce was a little different, he never had a certain hobby he engaged with in his free time. Sure he did research and experimentation sometimes but other times he'd be down at a clinic and worked as a GP. Steve wondered if he was available today, if anybody was available today, he really could use a friend.

"JARVIS? Is there anybody that isn't doing much?" He asked as he finished the last of his drink.

"Master Stark has just left the building. Miss Romanoff is currently in a meeting. Master Barton is asleep and Doctor Banner is reading quietly. Your best bet is Doctor Banner." The AI informed, "Would you like me to call him?"

"If he's not too busy?"

Seven minutes later Bruce arrived on the common floor and locked eyes with Steve.

"Are you alright? JARVS told me that you wanted to see me." Bruce smiled a little, the blonde blinked as he studied his friend from top to toe. The doctor was dressed in a black sweater and jeans that were just slightly too big on him.

"I just wanted to see whether you were free, we could go grab some food?" Steve offered and watched as the other man smiled a little more.

"Sure, but it's raining though."

"Umbrellas are a thing."

"R-Right, just lead the way." Bruce laughed a little to himself. The two quickly set off and left the compound with an umbrella and their jackets. They didn't have to go far before they found a cosy café to relax and talk. The area around the tower was filled with smaller shopping districts and restaurants.

They talked about anything and everything and shared a piece of cake. Steve had always liked Bruce, maybe more so than just friends. The doctor could be approached with any conversation topic and was always comfortable to be around.

When they finished up, they walked back towards the tower. The rain still pelted down upon them.

However before they entered the building, Steve stopped him by the door. The two were crammed underneath whatever shelter there was just under the door.

"Steve? Everything alright?" Bruce muttered as he was pressed up against the other man.

"I got to tell you something."

"Yeah?"

"I think I like you." Steve admitted, "More than just as friends. You're just comfortable to be around, and I enjoy being around you."

"O-Oh." The doctor whispered as his eyes glanced over at the civilians walking past.

"You don't have to say anything, I just didn't want to keep it hidden any longer."

"N-no, I like you a lot as well." Bruce smiled a little, "I'm just not used to having people liking me in that manner."

"Maybe we could go on a date sometime? Out of the rain possibly?" The blonde chuckled as he watched the other man shiver slightly.

"That sounds great."

AN: wow two amateur chapters one after another, I am sorry .-,