Panther (T'ChallaxBucky)

AN: Thanks for all the birthday wishes you guys! But now let's get back to prompts, I'm still taking prompts btw so feel free to just leave whatever in the comments below.

Regarding that IG page for edits, I attached a very quickly made one as an example :D Tell me if you'd like for me to open an account for that and just Marvel shit in general.

Summary: Bucky Barnes finds a black panther cub on the outskirts of Wakanda and shows T'Challa.

Third Person's POV

Barnes did his daily routine to examine the jungles of Wakanda for any danger, it was the least he could do to help aid the country. He ducked under long branches and moved through the dense jungle as quietly as possible. Sometimes during his free time, the assassin would spend his time surrounded by the flora to help ease him.

As he made his way back towards the heart of Wakanda, something caught his attention. There was a black panther cub mewling loudly. Barnes frowned and wondered where the animal's mother was, he glanced around but there was no sight of her. Considering at how much the young cub was mewling, he assumed that the two must have been separated.

The man slowly lowered himself and approached the animal slowly to show that he meant no harm. The cat inched back, weary of the human and only mewled louder. Bucky breathed out and pulled out leftover lunch that was carrying and offered it over.

The panther slowly prodded over and ate the food that was offered. The man smiled and his hands reached for the Kimoyo beads around his wrist. He decided to call for T'Challa and was relieved that the King was not busy.

Minutes later the King appeared in his suit, Barnes was surprised that T'Challa showed up so dramatically.

"Is something the matter?" T'Challa asked as he saw the other man on the ground. As the King walked closer he saw what Barnes was staring at. "Where did you find this little one?"'

"I just ran into it on the way back." Barnes shrugged and was pleasantly surprised when the panther pressed his head against the man's hand.

"You should have left it be, nature should be left on its own." T'Challa scolded as he sat down beside the other man. Bucky narrowed his eyes as he continued to watch the small animal. "Nevertheless, it seemed that this one is stranded far away from its mother."

"I didn't know I wasn't allowed to interact with them, sorry." Barnes muttered and was hesitant to touch the panther once again. T'Challa just smile reassuringly.

"You were only trying to aid it, the panther is a very sacred animal in my culture."

"What are they supposed to represent?"

"It represents strength and courage, values that hold true to Wakanda." He was surprised when the animal approached him as well. "What do I do with you?" He directed the question to the panther. "I am certain that this young one will die if we leave him be."

"So what are you going to do?"

"I'm sure Shuri would like to raise a panther for a short while." T'Challa recalled the amount of times his younger sister had asked for one. "Until it is old enough to fight for itself."

"Sorry for the trouble, I probably shouldn't have even called you out here." Barnes sighed as he stood on his feet once again. T'Challa picked up the cat as he stood on his feet as well.

"It is quite alright, this was a pleasant surprise." The King chuckled as he held the cat, Bucky's eyes fluttered at how gentle T'Challa was with the animal. "Let us head back and provide better care for the panther."

AN: Kept this one short and sweet :)