Rooftop Confrontation (StevexClint) [CYS 3/???]

AN: I wanted to take a break from studying, so I'll write thiss. Is it bad that I can only study to k-pop or lofi??

Alsoalsoalso, thank you guys so much for participating in this!! I didn't think I'd receive so many responses.

Summary: Steve was asked to check on Clint close to midnight. The situation goes astray real quick. 

Third Person's POV

C: Assure that he's there if Barton ever needs him.

"I know I'm probably the last person you want to hear this from." Rogers started and continued to keep his voice hushed. "But I'm here if you need me."

Barton blinked at him, his eyes softened at the statement. He even flushed a little.

"You're right. You are the last person I want to hear that from." Clint scoffed and jumped to his feet. He turned his gaze away and started to walk back towards the officers on the scene. He hoped that the other man didn't notice his face redden. "I have to deal with the rest of this. I'll see you later."

The soldier watched as Barton handled the rest of the hostage situation.

^^ CLINT BARTON: WARM.

A few weeks later Rogers received a call at 11:42 pm. He moaned softly as his hand reached out towards his mobile device on the bedside table. He glanced at the phone screen and immediately winced at the bright screen. It took his eyes a couple of moments to adjust to the new lighting then he answered the call.

"Did I wake you?" It was Tony.

"Yes." Steve whispered as he rubbed his face. Wherever Stark was, it was awfully loud.

"Sorry, I forgot you slept obnoxiously early." Tony teased, and Steve rolled his eyes. "Anyways, can you check if Barton is back at the tower? He was with me but he left a while ago and he never texted me back."

"Can't you just ask JARVIS?" Steve moaned softly as he sat up in his bed. His eyes felt heavy and his head hurt. "Or at least, by now I thought you would have had a tracker on all of us."

"That's an amazing idea but also an invasion on your privacy." Stark laughed. Rogers flinched as he heard somebody shout in the background. "To answer your other question, unfortunately JARVIS isn't connected to my phone. I should do that though."

Rogers hummed in response, he was slipping back into unconsciousness.

"Cap, just stay with me for two more minutes." Tony called out and the soldier jolted awake. "I'm just a little worried, he usually texts back. So can you please check?"

Steve realised he had no choice, besides he was a little worried too. He forced himself out of bed.

"JARVIS. Is Barton in the building?" The man asked as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"He's on the rooftop sir." The AI answered. He grumbled a 'thank you' and threw on a jacket before he walked to the roof of the tower. He found the younger man standing by the edge with a cigarette in his mouth and a bottle of alcohol by his side.

"There you are." Steve sighed and watched as Clint put out the cigarette underneath his boot. The younger man continued to keep his back towards Rogers. "Why didn't you answer Tony's texts?"

"What's it to you?" Barton responded, his voice sounded tired.

"He asked me to check on you."

"I'm fine, leave me the fuck alone." Clint snapped lowly. Rogers frowned and noticed the glint of metal in the younger man's hands. It was a gun. He also noticed the blood that ran down the man's arm and onto the gravel underneath.

"You should come back inside." Steve spoke softly, the situation could go wrong so terribly quickly.

Barton scoffed. "Have I ever told you how much I hate the sound of your voice?"

"Barton, you're dru-"

"I'm really not." Clint stated as he finally turned around. The soldier's eyes immediately locked onto the gun in the other man's hands. "You know as much as you claim to give a shit about me, I don't buy it."

"Clint c'mon-"

The gun was raised and pointed at Rogers's forehead. "What do you really want? What could you possibly gain from giving a shit about me?"

Steve pursed his lips but remained still. There was little he could do or say.

"Back at that hostage situation. Why didn't you ask me what happened in Munich? Weren't you just a little curious?" Barton barked with a slight grin on his face. "Why didn't you ask Cap? If you really gave a shit wouldn't you have asked?"

Rogers exhaled and felt his heart race in his chest. He knew he had to answer.

A: Answer calmly, say that you wanted to respect his privacy as you had a feeling it was a sensitive topic. Also that you want nothing from him and just care about him.
B: Answer defensively, say that if you were to be shot then it would lead to nothing but trouble and that he would have nothing to gain from it. Ask him to put the gun down and nobody has to get hurt.

AN: only two options because I'm dumb and can't really think of another option. Also out of the 3 options last round these are what would have happened if you chose a certain answer.

A: Ask what happened in Munich. [v relationship]
B: Ignore what just happened and suggest that they go home. [no change to relationship]
C: Assure that he's there if Barton ever needs him. [ ^ relationship]

A: clint probably wouldn't have appreciated you asking about the topic in which he just came out of a panic attack from
B: although relieved that you don't think much of what just happened. He feels a little disheartened that you don't care enough to comfort him. Hence its just neutral
C: he probably needs to hear this above anything else rn. So yay.

Also, what if Clint very well shoots you in the head next chapter AHHAHA.