When Is It? (ClintxTony)[ + 800 celebration!]

AN: its clints birthday today (technically it was for me yesterday so im late, so oops) so here's something that I whipped up even when I had angst ready to go.

Also we reached 800 followers ? heck ! I was thinking of maybe doing a Q and A to commemorate idk?? Leave questions about anything really?? Me?? Characters?? Anything !! I'll answer the ones I get in a footnote of an update.

Summary: Tony tries to find out when Clint's birthday is.

Third Person's POV

JANUARY 2048

What's a normal New Year's Resolution?

Well if you asked him, he'd probably say 'to lose weight or make new friends'. That in itself was a fair answer but if you had asked him what his New Year's Resolution was, it's a complete 180.

His was to find out when Clint Barton's birthday was; and any normal person would have responded with, 'Can't you just ask him?'

Which he has ... more than once actually, but his teammate never gave him a proper answer.

Two years had gone past without the team celebrating their sniper's birthday and it truly did not bother Clint.

You see, Clint had this kind of attitude where even if the whole team collectively forgot his name, he wouldn't even bat an eyelash.

"When's your birthday?" He asked the first time the thought ever popped into his head.

Without glancing away from his phone Clint responded with, "Isn't it in my file?"

"If it was in there I wouldn't be asking you, would I?" He responded with a roll of the eyes, "C'mon, even Romanoff's is in there."

The blonde hummed as he texted someone, "That's cool."

"Why won't you tell me? What are you hiding?"

That time Clint met his gaze and smiled like an innocent child, "Maybe I'll tell you later on, we barely know each other Stark."

"Ugh, you know I'd leave you alone if you just told me, right?"

"I know."

"So?"

"Maybe I like a game of cat and mouse." The blonde teased one last time before turning his attention towards his phone again. "Is it even listed how old I am?"

He narrowed his eyes a little before realising that no, it doesn't. "God you're weird."

Clint laughed a little and sunk into the couch, "happy hunting!"

AUGUST 2048

Close to half a year had past since he first asked the blonde when his birthday was and still no answer.

They were friends at this point, he would even say that Clint was his closest friend on the team. They had similar sense of dry humour and shared a variety of interests.

"Can you at least tell me how old you are?" He tested one day as they sat around the kitchen countertop.

Clint placed a piece of chicken in his mouth, "Nope."

He sighed and pulled his cup off coffee closer towards him. "I thought we were friends."

"We are."

"Hey fact of the day! Did you know that friends usually know when each other's birthdays are?"

The blonde smiled to himself and continued to eat his lunch. "You're a genius, I'm sure you can figure it out."