Assignment (ClintxBucky)

AN: Have you guys read the Tales of Suspense with Clint and Bucky?? I fking love it and it makes me ship them so bad so I decided to write this. Also as of right now I am finished with prompts, I did get one yesterday to do another Clint and Pietro so I'll do that in the near future.

So please leave me some if you wanna!!

Summary: Bucky Barnes hated working with Clint Barton, it was as simple as that. However, in recent light of events, he found that the archer was quite alright.

Third Person's POV

Clint Barton was easily the worst field partner that he had ever had to work with. The blonde was as rambunctious as a child on sugar and constantly blabbered about trivial topics. Missions never involved a shred of silence and if it did that was because he had to physically stop the other man from talking.

If he had a choice, he would never have chosen to work with Barton but unfortunately these days they were constantly paired up for assignments.

Bucky Barnes would rather be stabbed fifty times than to work with the archer.

He had to admit however, despite the blonde's lazy attitude, the man was very good at what he did. Barnes had never worked with an analyst quite as talented as Barton, the archer predicted the enemy's actions before the enemy themselves had time to think about a plan. That atop of the man's perfect aim and unmatched skill in hand to hand combat could easily make him one of the best.

But instead the blonde simply only had an interest in dogs and coffee.

"Have you ever tried to smile? Because I have never seen you do that." Barton pointed out as the two perched atop a rooftop. Barnes had a pair of binoculars in his hand as he followed the movements of their target. Whilst the blonde was eating a donut.

"We have to move in about two minutes." Barnes completely disregarded his question, out of the corner of his eye he saw the archer shove the rest of the sugary treat down his throat. "You're going to choke."

"I'll have you know I'm used to getting objects shoved down my throat." Barton smirked and winked the minute he could talk. The soldier rolled his eyes and pulled the binoculars away from his line of sight. "I'm joking, and besides if I die, you'll probably be happier." The blonde then stood on his feet then jumped off the roof.

Barnes felt the sudden drop in his heart as Barton simply just jumped off, as he looked over the edge of the rooftop he saw that the blonde had landed on the ground safely. The soldier let out a deep sigh before he quickly followed the other man.

"Why would you do something as stupid as that?" Barnes muttered with annoyance as they briskly walked down the alleyway.

"Aw, were you worried for me?" Barton snickered and slammed his palm against the other man's chest as a signal to stop. He pointed at the warehouse with armed men circling the building. "There's a lot of guns." The blonde whispered as he slipped an arrow into his hands. "Remember we're not here to kill the guy."

"Could you just hurry up and cause a distraction so I can get into this place?" Barnes pushed and heard the younger man groan with displeasure. The blonde fired the arrow in between two guards who snapped their attention towards the archer.

The soldier by that time had already slipped into the shadows and towards the warehouse by the docks. He snuck past the cameras and entered the building with ease. Barton on the other hand waited till the other man disappeared before he finished taking care of his end.

Minutes later the two were reunited as they searched the warehouse for their target.

"I go right, you go left?" Barton suggested, Barnes agreed as the blonde always called the shots when it came down to tactical moves.