When they're jealous

Marinette

She buried her head in her folded arms and groaned. Alya comforted her distressed friend. "It's okay, girl. Chloe and Adrien are only working on this one project together."

Marinette lifted her head and looked over at the pair who were talking. Chloe put on an innocent look which caused Marinette to frown. "But what if she seduces him with her blonde highlights and manicured nails?"

Alya chuckled. "It'll be fine. Adrien wouldn't fall for an airhead like Chloe."

Marinette started to calm down until she saw Chloe inch closer and closer to Adrien... She anxiously tried to hold back until she couldn't anymore.

"No!" Marinette exclaimed, bursting out of her seat.

The entire class turned around and focused their attention on her. She laughed nervously. "I-I mean, no way that the atomic number for krypton is 36... heh."

Everyone gave her confused looks until going on with their business. Chloe looked at her with annoyance until returning her gaze to Adrien. Marinette sighed and sat back down.

"Chloe just needs to not be partners with Adrien," Marinette mumbled.

"Girl, girl, girl," Alya sighed. "Your jealousy is as noticeable as the fake hair extensions Chloe wears. Just calm down and look," she said, pointing over at the two.

"I'm sorry, I have to go," Adrien excused, getting up from his seat. He quickly left behind a huffing Chloe. She got up and stomped over to Sabrina, who had to work without Chloe for once.

"Thank you mysterious force that drove Adrien away," Alya winked to Marinette.

Marinette smiled and relaxed. It wasn't long, though, before trouble erupted. Marinette saw Chat Noir outside the window and knew it was time to transform. Grunts and crashes sounded outside. Alya and the other students rushed over to the window to get a peek of the action. Marinette took this opportunity to get away and transform into Ladybug.

Adrien

He sat in his seat next to Nino and smiled. "Hey," he greeted to his friend.

Nino was too distracted and instead staring at someone else. Adrien followed his gaze right to Marinette and Nathaniel. He raised an eyebrow.

"Marinette, I made you something," Nathaniel mumbled shyly, handing her a piece of paper.

She took it from him and glanced over the drawing before looking back up at Nathaniel, surprised. "This is beautiful," she said.

Nathaniel scratched the back of his head nervously. "I-I'm glad you like it. I worked all night drawing it."

Marinette laughed softly. "Well it's awesome. Thank you."

Adrien felt a pang in his heart, yet he didn't know what it was. Jealousy? No, Adrien couldn't have been jealous. He had a crush on Ladybug after all.

Marinette was about to turn away when Nathaniel stopped her. "U-uh, Marinette?"

"Yeah?" she asked.

"Could I have a h-hug?" Nathaniel asked shakily.

Marinette widened her eyes. "Uh, su-"

Nathaniel didn't let her finish and instead engulfed her in a hug. She laughed nervously.

Adrien stared at them intently. The longer they hugged, the more annoyed he got. Nino then elbowed him.

"Look, man. How cute," he chuckled.

"Yeah. Cute," Adrien replied sarcastically.

"Wow, what's your deal dude?" Nino asked curiously.

Adrien couldn't watch them anymore and faced forward.

"Nothing," Adrien said, thinking of Ladybug. He smiled at his friend reassuringly, and Nino smiled back. He acted as if nothing ever happened.

~

Hey guys! So I just wanted to briefly say that I've published a Miraculous Christmas story! It's full of antics and puns, so please check that out if you want! I worked really hard on it and would appreciate feedback! :) Thanks!

-ladynoirshipper