Luka

Tying the final purple ribbon to the balcony, Marinette smiled in content. They had finally finished decorating the park for Juleka's birthday!

The park was decorated with purple ribbons, balloons, and streamers. And dessert was provided by none other than Marinette herself.

"Looks awesome," Alya commented, placing her hands on her hips. "She is gonna love this."

"I hope so," Marinette smiled hopefully, looking around at her handiwork. "Where is she now?"

"I just got word from Rose that they are leaving her house so they will be here any minute now."

Marinette clapped her hands together in excitement. Everyone from school was there waiting for Juleka to arrive for her surprise party. Even Adrien!

And thankfully, Chloe and Sabrina werent invited so they didn't have to worry about them. Other than that, everyone was there.

Marinette noticed Adrien conversing with Nino on the other side of the park. Her heart fluttered as she watched his blonde hair gently sway in the wind and his green eyes sparkle in the sun.

"I'm gonna go drag Nino with me to help finish blowing up the balloons," Alya remarked, raising an eyebrow at her friend. She then leaned in and whispered in her ear. "By the way, don't let Adrien see you totally gawking over him."

Marinette immediately blushed, scratching the back of her head. "Wait, what? I t-totally wasn't staring. That's ridiculous!"

Alya chuckled and walked away, leaving Marinette to inspect the park to make sure she didn't forget anything. Balloons, check. Streamers, check. Handsome guy, check... Wait!

Marinette froze as she watched an unfamiliar boy with dark brown hair and copper tinted eyes approach them. He had a strong jaw and light brown freckles sprinkled his nose and forehead.

Marinette would be lying if she said her heart didn't flutter when she laid eyes on the boy.

He approached the first person he reached, Alya, and they began talking. Marinette noticed that Alya widened her eyes in surprise, a sign that she was caught off guard by his stellar appearance as well. Nino was too busy fiddling with the balloons that he wasn't paying attention to their interaction.

Marinette began moving towards the two without really meaning to; her legs just started moving on their own.

"Hey Alya," Marinette smiled warmly, pretending to start a conversation.

"Hey, uh, this is Luka. Juleka's brother," Alya introduced her to the boy and he smiled at her. The smile was so perfect and pure. It reminded her of someone...

"Hello," Luka greeted.

"Hi Luka, I'm Marinette," she replied happily.

"Marinette. I like that name," he complimented.

She blushed, laughing nervously. "Thanks."

From afar, Adrien had taken notice to the new face. And he was certainly noticing the reaction he had garnered from Marinette.

"Who is he?" Adrien mumbled, more to himself, but Max was nearby so he answered for him.

"That's Juleka's brother, Luka," Max stated, matter of factly.

Adrien shoved his hands in his pockets. "How come I've never seen him before?"

"He's a young and aspiring artist. He has dreams of making it big one day. Dropped out of school to pursure his dreams and even lived in Germany for a few months. He's pretty successful, actually. So cool."