Chat's Boiling Point

Ladybug lay injured on the floor, wincing in pain as she held her wounded leg. The villain approached her, grinning sardonically.

"Chat Noir will be here and he'll stop you," Ladybug said through gritted teeth. The burning pain quickly spread throughout her leg.

"Oh really?" the fire-themed villain asked, tilting his head. Flames shot out of his ears.

"Really," Ladybug replied, narrowing her eyes.

A figure jumped down behind the villain and a wide smirk covered Ladybug's face. He was here. A little late, but here nonetheless.

"Hey, hot head," Chat grinned, observing the flames atop the villain. "I hate to extinguish your little party, but you hurt my lady."

The villain cackled as he turned around. He crossed his arms behind his back. "Chat Noir. Such an honor to finally heat you in person."

Chat Noir's eyes widened as he realized the pun. Meet. Heat. He looked a little shocked, but quickly shook it off.

Meanwhile, Ladybug was sighing heavily. She had finally learned to manage Chat's puns, but now the villain was making them?

"I'm here to kick your burning butt," Chat continued.

"I can tell you're furry annoyed," the villain went on.

This time, Chat flinched in annoyance. It was starting to bug him now that someone was excessively using puns like he did. "Hey, puns are my thing."

"Oh, pawlease," the villain scoffed, crossing his arms.

Chat began to grit his teeth, reaching for his staff. He gave the villain a deadly stare. "Stop now."

The villain smirked, a glint in his eye. He stood square with Chat Noir, his hands still crossed behind his back. Then, Ladybug realized something.

This was a set-up. To get Chat mad. His weakness.

A fire ball grew in the villain's hand as the next words left his mouth. Ladybug opened her mouth to scream, but it was too late.

The villain had already spoken.

"Are you mad, Purrincess?"

"THAT'S IT!" Chat screamed, racing towards the villain.

"No!" Ladybug shrieked as the villain hurtled a fire ball right for Chat's chest.

Chat quickly raised his staff up and swatted away the fire ball into nothing. The villain gulped, widening his eyes. He had not anticipated this at all. He thought that Chat would surely lose amidst his anger.

He was wrong.

Chat raised his staff high above his head before smacking the villain in the stomach. The guy flew through the air, screaming like a little girl.

Ladybug just watched in amazement. Her mouth hung agape and her eyes widened.

The villain landed on the ground with a hard thud. He immediately curled up into a ball, blubbering like a baby.

Chat came to a halt just a few feet away from the villain, breathing heavily. He wiped his forehead before putting his staff away.

"Looks like you're not such a hot shot anymore," Chat grinned. He then glanced over at Ladybug who was staring at him in shock.

"What?" he asked curiously, as if he hadn't been present the last 3 minutes.

Ladybug hesitated before shaking her head. "N-Nothing. I've never seen you so angry."

"What can I say? Puns are my thing."