Intern - PART 2

Gabriel tapped his chin, thinking very deeply. He inspected the summer casual outfit Marinette had placed on Adrien. It complimented him very well, she thought.

She was impatiently waiting for the reaction to appear on Gabriel's face. Her heart was beating rapidly.

"I like it," he finally said, causing Marinette to exhale a sigh of relief. Gabriel circled around his son, taking note of every detail of the outfit. "It is simple, but trendy. Well done."

"Thank you so much," Marinette said happily. To be honest, she wasn't sure Gabriel would like it. She was glad she took the risk and changed it up a little.

"That's all for now," Gabriel nodded. "I feel I understand where you're coming from."

Adrien walked over to Marinette and gave her a quick wink. She almost passed out.

"We'll take a quick break and then jump back into things," Gabriel said, looking between her and Adrien. He turned around, walked down the hallway and into another room.

"Great job, Marinette," Adrien smiled. "You've definitely impressed my father."

"You have no idea how nervous I was," Marinette said quietly, smiling. "But thank you."

"If anything, I'd say this internship may last a bit longer based on how much my father likes your style."

"Maybe, unless I ruin things in the worst way possible," Marinette laughed. She walked over to the couch and sat down, remaining calm and collected.

Adrien leaned up against the wall across from her, crossing his arms. "That could never happen," he said confidently, flashing her another toothy grin.

"I-I don't know," Marinette stuttered, starting to feel the debilitating effects of the signature Agreste smile. "You of all people should know I am the most clumsiest person in the world."

"Really? I've never noticed," Adrien grinned sarcastically.

Marinette had never wanted to harm a hair on Adrien's body before, but for some reason, she did now. Maybe it was because of that sarcasm in his voice? Or the cheeky grin plastered on his face?

Adrien noticed Marinette was thinking hard, and he internally panicked. He was so comfortable around Marinette that he accidently started to act like Chat Noir! Tone it down, he thought to himself.

"So," Adrien quickly said, uncrossing his arms. He needed to change the subject. "You don't have any questions about this internship at all?"

"Actually," Marinette replied, standing up. She crossed her arms and put on her best detective look. "I heard your father say something about strictly staying in this room. Why?"

"Oh," Adrien said. He looked down the hallway. "He probably means that his employees are busy working in the other rooms and doesn't want us to disturb them."

"Oh," Marinette blinked. "That's probably it. I was just curious."

Gabriel suddenly appeared from the end of the hallway and walked back into the lounge room.

"Ready to begin the next part of your internship?" Gabriel asked Marinette.

"Uh, sure," Marinette smiled.

Gabriel glanced to Adrien. "You may change back into your regular clothes."

Adrien nodded, glancing to Marinette. "Be back in a few." He then jogged away.

"So, now you are going to design an actual outfit for me," Gabriel stated, turning around and grabbing a clipboard off the desk. He flipped through the pages. The pages held many of Gabriel's infamous designs. He stopped at the blank page on top of the other papers. "This is your canvas. Design something trendy for me." He handed her the clipboard along with a pencil. He then crossed his arms behind his back, giving her a stern look. "I trust that you will be responsible with the possession of my designs, Miss. Marinette."