Tricks and Treats

"It's not too bad, right?" Marinette asked curiously, turning around to face Alya. Her little red riding-hood cape swayed behind her.

"You look great," Alya smiled. She was wearing a Halloween outfit of her own; a Ladybug costume. The spotted spandex suit covered her head to toe, every detail being perfect. The only thing Alya wasn't wearing yet was the mask, which was also made with great craftsmanship. Marinette was very impressed.

"I like your costume as well. It's spot on," Marinette grinned.

"Girl. The puns," Alya laughed.

"I know, sorry," Marinette said, scratching the back of her head. "They kind of wore off on me from a friend."

"I see," Alya nodded, an interested glint in her eye. "Who is this friend?"

Marinette widened her eyes. "N-no one!"

"Chill out," Alya laughed, rolling on her back. "I'm just messing with you."

Marinette nervously glanced at her phone. The time was 5:56. "We'd better get going. Trick or Treat starts at 6 o'clock."

"Sweet," Alya said, standing up and rubbing her hands together. "I don't care what anyone says. Halloween is my night and they'll be mistaken if they think I'm gonna miss getting free candy."

Marinette turned to her mirror and touched up her costume. She wore a blue and white checkered dress with a red cloak tied around her neck. She wore white tights underneath and finished off the look with black flats. Her raven-colored hair was out of their usual pigtails and flourished just past her shoulders.

"Too bad Adrien couldn't come with us," Alya suddenly said. A wide smirk branded her face as she nudged Marinette on the arm with her elbow.

"Yeah. He said he had to pass out candy with his father," Marinette sighed.

"Now that right there is spooky," Alya remarked. "Since when did Gabriel Agreste participate in trick or treat?"

"I don't know, maybe he's changing for the better?" Marinette shrugged.

"I guess," Alya replied. She then grabbed an empty pillow cover off Marinette's bed after glancing at the clock. "Well, time to go!"

*

The two girls walked down the chilly streets of Paris, kids running past them. Their poor parents struggled to keep up behind them.

One little girl in particular stopped right in front of Alya, pointing at her. "You're Ladybug!" she exclaimed with bright eyes.

"That's right!" Alya chuckled, crouching beside her.

"Can I have a picture?" the little girl asked curiously. The presumed mother walked up behind her.

"Sure!" Alya replied happily. She turned to Marinette. "Sorry, one sec girl."

"It's fine," Marinette smiled back, although she felt a little awkward. How ironic; the actual Ladybug was standing right in front of the little girl.

Alya posed with the little girl as her mom took the picture. The brunette grinned widely, her hands defiantly on her hips.

"Thank you!" the little girl chimed after the picture was taken.

"No problem!" Alya winked.

Marinette chuckled as the two began walking again. "You handled that like a pro."

Alya glanced over at Marinette. "What can I say? I've seen Ladybug up close before."

"Nice," Marinette grinned amusingly. "She could be closer than you think."