Secret Admirer

The moon was shining bright, the stars twinkling across the sky. A cold breeze caused the open window to creak slightly.

Chat stared incredulously at the posters of himself taped to Marinette's wall. It made him feel so... appreciated. But, strange at the same time.

There were so many. He recalled every single photoshoot, too. He focused his gaze on one of his shoots that was featured in the Paris magazine.

That day Marinette had accidentally tripped down the steps and fell into my arms. Luckily she didn't hurt herself in the process! Chat recalled.

He hadn't intended to snoop around or anything, he just wanted to return notes to Marinette that Adrien had borrowed at school a few days ago. He kept forgetting so, finally, he decided to stop by. Marinette had said at school that she was going out with her family for dinner so that's why he came so late.

As for why he was transformed as Chat Noir... Well, it would've been much harder for a civilian to get into a locked bakery. For Chat Noir, however, it was easier. All he had to do was use his pole to get to Marinette's balcony and climb in through the unlocked window.

He inched over to her desk and lay the notes down on it. Then, a strange warmth spread across his chest as he shifted his gaze towards the framed picture of himself sitting at the corner of her desk.

Normally, if someone found a bunch of pictures of themselves hanging in a friend's room, they would feel a bit creeped out.

Chat Noir didn't, though. For one, he does the exact same thing with Ladybug. And two... something about Marinette having these pictures makes his heart flutter in unexplainable ways.

Suddenly, a door downstairs creaked open and footsteps were heard walking in. Chat Noir's heart burst out of his chest as he quickly located the open window. He climbed up on the edge and hopped out.

Chat rested along the wall, taking in deep breaths. I almost got caught, he thought frantically. His ears perked up as he heard the door to Marinette's room creak open.

Time to go, he decided. He brought out his staff and quietly lowered himself to the sidewalk below. He darted away into the night, a smile on his face. Marinette, my secret admirer.