Picnic

*NOTE: This one-shot takes place after the identity reveal.

"Will you go on a picnic with me, my lady?" Adrien asked, holding a rose in his hand and batting his eyes at Marinette.

She laughed. "And where would that be?"

"Just in the park. Where we usually patrol," Adrien replied.

Marinette took the rose from Adrien and twirled it in her fingers. She smiled. "Alright. And what time?"

"Tomorrow afternoon."

"I don't have any plans tomorrow so I'll see you there," Marinette winked and checked her phone. She then leaned over and kissed Adrien on the cheek. "I gotta go. I'll see you at patrol tonight," she said, walking away.

Adrien's heart fluttered as he watched her walk away. Gosh, he loved that girl.

*

Tomorrow morning, Marinette was in a wild frenzy for an outfit. She frantically raced around her apartment. Tikki watched her curiously.

"Marinette," Tikki sighed. "Adrien doesn't care what you wear. You two have been dating for 3 years now!"

"I know but it doesn't mean I just show up wearing a trash bag," Marinette replied.

Tikki raised an eyebrow. "Just wear a casual shirt and a nice pair of capris! It's a picnic."

Marinette sighed, knowing Tikki had better judgement. "Okay." She rummaged through her drawers until she found a red t-shirt with a laced flower design on it and some white capris. She'd made them herself.

Marinette examined herself in the mirror and concluded that she was missing something. She ran over to her desk and pulled out a white flower hair clip. She pinned it in her hair and smiled in delight. Her outfit was complete.

Marinette left her apartment and drove to the house. She checked the clock and saw that she was supposed to be at the park in 2 minutes. Oh well, she'd be a little late. She was sure Adrien wouldn't mind. Heck, he'd been 2 hours late before. But he was excused since he was so heavily invested in the modeling industry and schedules were unpredictable.

Marinette parked her car at the park and stepped out. The warm breeze carried a sweet scent through the air. Flowers were blooming and the sky was blue. It was a perfect day.

She wasn't given any hints as to where the picnic would be held, so she just looked around for a little bit before she finally spotted Adrien, sitting cross legged on a blanket. He was wearing a flannel shirt and some khakis. Next to him sat a picnic basket.

Marinette laughed and inched closer. "Wow, I'm surprised," she said. "I was certain you'd wear a suit like last time."

Adrien laughed nervously and scratched the back of his neck. "Hey, that was once."

Marinette laughed again before falling onto Adrien's lap. She kissed him tenderly on the lips and whispered, "Thanks for this."

Adrien smiled. "Anything for my Princess."