Piano

Marinette gasped in awe as she saw the grand piano sitting in the far corner of the room. Adrien smiled, taking her hand and guiding her over to it.

"I've played ever since I was a little boy," Adrien said quietly, taking a seat on the piano bench.

Marinette stood beside the piano nervously, her arms folded across her chest. She had never seen Adrien play on the piano before.

Adrien looked up at her, his emerald eyes meeting hers. He smiled warmly and patted on the bench. "Sit down."

Marinette's cheeks flushed as she widened her eyes. "U-Uh, okay." She shakily sat down beside him. His shoulder brushed up against hers and she didn't think she'd be able to manage being so close to Adrien.

His hands flew to the piano, his fingers grazing over the keys. His eyes were trained intently on the piano music. Marinette sat beside him curiously, wondering what song he'd play. She looked between his face and his hands.

Then, his fingers began to press down on the keys. Distinct notes reached Marinette's ears, all combining to create a beautiful symphony. His hands worked magnificently on the piano.

Marinette glanced up at Adrien's face. His eyebrows were furrowed in concentration.

She quickly looked back down at his hands, a blush forming on her cheeks again. He looked so cute when he was concentrating. She was so amazed by his drive and passion for the music that she wished she could play an instrument as well.

Adrien's hands slowed as he gently pressed the last keys, creating a beautiful dissonance. His eyes closed as the notes faded out into the silent room.

Adrien removed his hands from the piano and then looked over at Marinette. He smiled sheepishly. "What did you think?"

Marinette had no words. His passion, the soothing melody, it was all so... miraculous. That was really the only word Marinette could use to describe his performance.

"Adrien," Marinette said quietly. "It was beautiful."

He scratched the back of his neck. "Thanks. My mother taught it to me when I was a child. Sometimes, I play it so I always know she's here with me."

Marinette stared at Adrien, her mouth opened in awe. He looked down at the piano, his eyes full of sadness. Tears formed in Marinette's eyes as she processed his words, but she wouldn't let them fall. She needed to be there for him.

"Adrien..." Marinette began, reaching out for him. She then rested her hand on her lap when he looked up at her.

"It's okay," Adrien smiled weakly, a stray tear falling from his eye. "I'm fine."

Marinette saw the look in his eyes. He was not okay. Deep down inside he was in pain. She couldn't believe she hadn't noticed it before. Behind that perfect model exterior was a boy who was hurting.

"No you're not," Marinette said, lifting her hand up again and placing it comfortingly on his shoulder. "A-Adrien, you're one of my closest friends. If there's anything going on, you can tell me."

Adrien smiled graciously as more tears filled his eyes. "Thanks Marinette."

"Of course. I'd help you any day," Marinette smiled. She then widened her eyes. "Uh, I mean, help you with problems any day. Not actually helping YOU. Well, yes helping you, but-"

Adrien laughed quietly, causing Marinette to pause. She smacked herself in the face. "I'm sorry. I'm really awkward."

"Nonsense," Adrien said quietly. "I think you're amazing."

Marinette felt her cheeks heat up again. "O-Oh. Thanks. You're amazing too."

Then Adrien caught Marinette off guard. He leaned in and wrapped his arms around her, squeezing her tight. "You're a great friend, Marinette," he whispered in her ear.

Marinette stared at the wall, her face as red as a tomato. She was going to faint right on the piano. Adrien's cologne filled her nostrils and she could already see stars.

Her vision dimmed and soon, Marinette couldn't feel her legs anymore. Her body swayed back when Adrien released her from the hug.

"M-Marinette!" Adrien exclaimed, noticing her dizziness. "Are you okay?"

Marinette couldn't keep herself up anymore and began falling to the ground. Luckily, Adrien caught her in his arms. His emerald green eyes stared down at her.

Combine that with his amazing piano skills, Marinette had all the proof in the world to love this boy.