Late Night Dinner Date

Marinette sighed sadly as she looked out her bedroom window into the night sky. Today would be a hard night for her and also the night 4 years ago that Marinette discovered her passion for being a clothing designer for the famous Gabriel Agreste. The thing that keeps her moving. Her ultimate goal in life.

It was a small occasion, but it meant a lot to Marinette nonetheless. She was supposed to have a celebratory dinner with her family but something else came up, causing the plans to be cancelled. Her mind wandered over to Adrien and how awful it must feel to always be put aside by his father. Marinette frowned. She shouldn't be complaining, he had it way worse.

But still, Marinette couldn't help but feel... saddened. She didn't ask for much from her parents, rarely spoke out against their plans, and was a good child. It... hurt... her that she was unable to have a night in celebration of the thing she loved most in life. She smiled slightly. Besides Adrien's birthday.

A quiet knock was heard on her window and she glanced up quickly. There, Chat was staring at her with his glowing green eyes. Marinette jumped in shock.

"Chat Noir? What are you doing here?" she asked, opening the window. Her feline friend climbed through the window and landed on the carpet beside her.

"I was out getting some fresh air and wanted to check on you, Princess," Chat admitted with a smirk.

Marinette laughed and folded her arms. She slowly walked over to her bed and sat down. Her smile faltered a bit as she stared at the ground.

"What's wrong?" Chat asked, taking a seat on Marinette's swivel chair. He crossed one leg over the other and then casually slid over to her.

"It's stupid," Marinette replied quietly. "I'm sure you wouldn't understand anyways, kitty cat. You're a wild spirit. You aren't bothered by issues as insignificant as mine."

"Try me," Chat said, crossing his arms.

Marinette sighed. "Okay."

She began explaining her problem while Chat listened intently. Everything she said sounded very familiar to him, as his father would normally treat him the same exact way.

Marinette finished talking and took in a big breath. She glanced up at Chat expectantly. "So? Pretty stupid, huh?"

"No," Chat said quickly, shaking his head. "It's very reasonable."

Marinette raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

"Of course," Chat responded, scratching his head. He desperately tried to keep his laid back exterior although he knew the situation all too well himself. Chat decided to keep it as vague as possible. "This 'designing thing' of yours seems to be pretty important to you, so I'd be upset if the plans were canceled too."

"It is," Marinette mumbled. She hugged her knees.

Chat really did hate seeing Marinette upset. Whenever she was, he tried to make her happy no matter what it took. But he didn't know how to fix this one.

Wait... He had an idea.

Chat grinned and cleared his throat. "Excuse me, Princess."

Marinette looked up suddenly, surprised.

"I believe you are missing out on a dinner, correct?" Chat asked formally.

Marinette raised an eyebrow and laughed slightly. "What are you up to, kitty?"

Chat walked over to Marinette, bowed his head, and then gently grabbed her petite hands. He stood her up and winked.

"Taking you out on the dinner date you deserve."

Marinette shook her head and blushed. "No, I can't ask you to do that."

"Nonsense. Tonight is the purrfect night for dinner," Chat replied. He jumped over and climbed up the ladder with one hand while outstretching the other. "Shall we go?"

Marinette giggled. She then ran up to Chat, grabbed his hand, and he jumped out of the room, carrying her bridal style through the night. He jumped over numerous buildings and held Marinette in his arms securely. She glanced up at him occasionally. His face was so confident and his eyes told Marinette that he was determined to make this the best night ever.

Chat glanced down at Marinette and smiled; a big, toothy, genuine smile; causing her to blush. She continued staring out into the night sky, the bright moon illuminating the Eiffel Tower. Something changed in Marinette's heart that night. She didn't want to even brush over the fact when she arrived home that night, for she was still a teensy bit in love with Adrien.

Marinette was slowly falling in love with Chat Noir.