Chloe Finds Out

Adrien breathed shakily as a green flash lit up the room, dazzling the one and only Chloe Bourgeois. She widened her blue eyes as she saw that underneath the black cat suit was none other than her childhood friend, Adrien Agreste.

The boy in question didn't know what to do. He was so terrified of how Chloe would react. More so, he was afraid of how his life would be like now. Would Chloe tell everyone his secret?

"You," Chloe pointed, her mouth open in shock. Her finger slowly fell in defeat and she raised an eyebrow in utter shock. "Adrien?!" she muttered crudely.

"Chloe," Adrien mumbled, his eyes traveling to the floor. He didn't know what else to do, so he looked her back in the eyes and flashed off a toothy grin.

"I must be dreaming," Chloe spat after a pause. "No, a horrible nightmare. There is no way you are Chat Noir! You're so... different from him! What kind of a joke is this?!"

Adrien's face fell. This was exactly the reaction he was afraid of. The least his childhood friend could do was be supportive. Knowing Chloe, however, she was blinded by Adrien's modeling looks to think anything else.

"But Chloe... I am Chat Noir," Adrien said with a little more annoyance than he wanted to convey. There was no going back now. "You're just going to have to accept that."

"I won't!" Chloe cried, crossing her arms. "Stop this act, Adrikins!"

"It isn't an act," Adrien replied slowly. He then gestured to himself, waving his hands up and down his body. "This is the act."

Chloe stared at him so accusingly, it made Adrien feel like he was being convicted of murder.

"No," Chloe said, shaking her head with wild eyes. She rushed over to Adrien and grabbed his arm. "You sound crazy, I think you need to sit down."

"Stop," Adrien said, his voice pounding with authority. He pulled away from her grasp. "Why is it so hard for you to accept that I am Chat Noir?"

"Because," Chloe whispered, reaching up and brushing his cheek at an attempt to 'reel him back in,' but the attempt only pushed Adrien farther away from her. Chloe leaned in closer to him. "Chat Noir is wild and annoying. You're perfect."

Adrien desperately tried to keep himself calm. How could she insult who he really was at heart? Even though Adrien was practically fuming with anger, he managed to gently grab Chloe's wrist and remove it from his cheek.

"I'm not perfect," Adrien mumbled, turning away. "Far from it, actually. You know, Chloe, we were childhood friends, but I feel like you know nothing about me."

Chloe fake gasped, completely changing her attitude about the situation. His words must've set off an alarm in her head. "What!" she screeched. "Adrikins, that's nonsense. I was only joking."

Adrien refused to meet her gaze. He could practically hear the desperation in her voice. She didn't want to lose him. The only person that didn't visibly show his annoyance towards her.

"I'm sorry, Chloe. But I have to go," Adrien said slowly, walking towards the door.

"Wait!" she cried.

Adrien hesitantly turned around to face her. Her eyes were swelling with tears and Adrien immediately felt a sense of guilt, even though she had said such ignorant things to him before.

"Don't leave me," Chloe whispered, her voice shaky. "You're... my only friend."

"You have Sabrina," Adrien said coldly.

Chloe wiped a few stray tears from her eyes, pausing before speaking again. It was clear that she preferred not to talk about Sabrina because the poor girl had only stayed with Chloe because she bribed her with goods. "I didn't mean what I said. I was just really shocked and confused. You have to believe me, Adrikins."

Adrien breathed heavily. Her reaction was making it so hard for him to tell her off. He hated seeing people cry, even if that person was Chloe Bourgeois.

"I just need time alone to think things through, okay?" Adrien replied.

"So you aren't mad at me?" Chloe asked shakily.

Adrien closed his eyes. "No," he lied.

"Good," Chloe cooed, wrapping her arms around Adrien. She smiled, thinking that everything was back to normal.

"I, urm, gotta go now," Adrien said awkwardly, pulling away from Chloe. He headed towards the door and gripped the handle.

"Goodbye my Adrikins!" Chloe waved. The sadness that was present on her face just mere seconds before had disappeared. Adrien figured it was just a mask she wore to gain others' sympathy. "Oh, and if you ever want to show me around Paris during one of your patrol thingies, that would be so cool of you."

"Uh, right," Adrien said, raising an eyebrow. "And Chloe, you can't tell anyone my secret. If you do, it could put my friends and family in danger."

Chloe didn't react in any way.

"It could put you in danger," Adrien corrected, rolling his eyes.

Chloe immediately shrieked, covering her mouth with her hands. "Oh, no! Okay, I won't tell anyone! Or at least try."

His phone then buzzed, signaling that he had a photoshoot to leave for.

Adrien had to take Chloe's word for it. He had no time to try and convince her to not tell anyone. Out of all the people he knew, she had to be the one to find out his secret identity.

"Well, I have to go," Adrien said queasily. He quickly exited the room, pulling the door shut. His heart was pounding. It all came crashing down on him that it only took a few seconds for Chloe to spill his secret and completely take everything he loves away from him.