The Photoshoot

Marinette could barely contain herself.

Today was the day she would sit in on one of Adrien's photoshoots. Ever since he invited her after the fiasco with Troublemaker 2 weeks ago, she eagerly waited his call.

And finally, the call came last night.

*

"Sorry, this is kinda last minute," Adrien chuckled over the phone. "I just wanted to tell you that tomorrow is my photoshoot, so I'll be picking you up at around 11, okay?"

"O-okay!" Marinette squeaked, quickly clearing her throat. "Y-yeah, that's drool, UH, I mean cool!"

"Great, see you tomorrow!" Adrien laughed.

"See you!" Marinette winked, trying to act calm and collected.

Marinette dropped her phone on her bed, screaming like a wild banshee. Sabine called to her from downstairs.

"Honey, are you alright?"

"Yeah!" Marinette quickly answered before squealing like a kid who had way too much sugar.

"Marinette? What's going on?" a confused Adrien called from her phone.

"AHHHH!" Marinette screamed. She hastily picked up the phone and slammed it against her ear. "BYE NOW!" She pressed the "end call" button and flopped onto her bed.

*

Fast forward back to the present, and Marinette was still just as giddy as she was when she received the phone call. Luckily, the embarrassment had washed away quickly. Let's just say it wasn't the first time Marinette had humiliated herself in front of Adrien.

"What do I wear?!?" Marinette panted, pacing back and forth. Tikki floated above her, watching casually.

"Just wear what you always wear!" Tikki shrugged. "It's Adrien's photoshoot, not yours!"

Instantly, Marinette got extremely close to Tikki's face, causing the kwami to jump in surprise.

"Not good enough!" Marinette wailed. She collapsed to the floor, holding her head. "I'm going to make a fool out of myself, Tikki. Maybe I should just cancel..."

Tikki flew down beside Marinette. "Calm down. You're overreacting just a tad, Marinette! Everything will be fine. All you have to do is sit there, what could go wrong?"

Marinette smiled, sighing with relief. "I guess you're right. I think my mind is treating this as a date, even though that's not what it is at all."

"You'll be okay," Tikki assured with a soft smile. "Now get dressed, Adrien will be here any minute!"

*

Marinette was drooling over Adrien.

He stood in front of the plain white background, flashing the photographer a perfect smile. His hands were in his pockets and he tilted his head to the side.

"Wow," Marinette mumbled in awe. It was so surreal seeing, first hand, the work that went into these photoshoots. It was so much more than just another magazine Marinette could rip the pages out of and plaster on her wall.

Adrien turned his head towards her, causing a shock to travel up her spine. He flashed her a toothy grin. "Would you like to join me?"

The request was so unthinkable, Marinette panicked. She twiddled her fingers nervously as her heartbeat quickened. "I, er, no? I mean, yes, I'd love to, b-but!"

The blonde held up his index finger to his photographer and quickly walked over to Marinette. He grabbed her shaky hand and pulled her up, guiding her over to the backdrop.

"I-I'm seriously going to ruin these pictures!" Marinette yelled, her face beet red.

"Nonsense," the blonde laughed, his hand still clutched around hers. "You're a natural."

"Yeah right," Marinette laughed, trying to shield her face from the camera.

"Perfecto!" the vibrant photographer cheered, snapping the picture with a flash of light.

"Oh no," Marinette mumbled. "There goes 100 of your fans."

Adrien took both of her hands and started swinging her around. "Loosen up, Marinette! You got this!"

The photographer snapped another picture as the pair spun around.

"Oh, there goes another 200," Marinette laughed, starting to feel more relaxed. "Sorry Adrien, my face wards off all of your fans I guess."

They stopped spinning and Marinette was momentarily dazed. The world around her was spinning and she lost her balance, almost falling forward.

Adrien's strong hands grabbed her arms and kept her sturdy, preventing her from falling. "You okay?" he smiled playfully, eyes glimmering against the bright lights.

Marinette stared into his emerald eyes longingly; the scene was like something out of a romance movie. There, in his arms, it was like nothing else mattered. It was just the two of them. No camera, no photographer, no bodyguard, nothing.

"Uh, y-yeah," Marinette blinked, standing up straight. "Thanks for catching me."

"No problem," Adrien replied after a brief pause, almost as if he was stuck in the same trance Marinette had been in just moments before.

"Beautiful!" the photographer clapped, walking away from his camera to join the pair. "These are definitely going in the next issue of Gabriel!"

Marinette felt her face heat up. "W-what? Really?"

"Exacto!"

And in that moment, she felt like she was going to pass out all over again.