Rainy Day

"Look outside, Tikki," Marinette said
softly, watching the rain fall outside from her bedroom window.

"I always love it when it rains," the kwami replied dreamily, perched on Marinette's shoulder. "So beautiful."

Marinette's eyes glanced towards the umbrella Adrien had given her when they first met. It was sitting safely beside her full-length mirror. "I also love it when it rains too," she replied.

"Because of the umbrella," Tikki giggled.

"Of course! It holds a special place in my heart. Fun fact: I've never used it since he gave it to me," Marinette nodded.

"I know!" the kwami exclaimed.

"The rain is truly beautiful, though," Marinette said, entranced. "The way it glimmers against the sky. The way it falls in perfect droplets, quick and smoothly, but splashes violently and shatters into a thousand pieces when it reaches the ground."

Tikki yawned, feeling drowsy from Marinette's poetic words. She curled up into a ball. "You're making me sleepy, Marinette."

"Go ahead and take a nap," Marinette smiled, feeling at peace. She propped open the window so she could listen to the sound of the rain. She leaned up against the wall, placing her elbows on the sill. "I'll be here for a little bit."