Chat's Confession

"Ladybug?" Chat said softly, looking at his partner as they sat atop a building, gazing upon the beautiful night sky. His face was obviously etched with nervousness. Ladybug had never seen her partner so afraid.

Ladybug turned her head towards him. "Yes, Chat?"

"I... don't know how to tell you this, but-" he began, fumbling with his leather tail. "I like another girl."

"Really?" Ladybug exclaimed, her eyes lighting up. She smiled widely. "That's great! I'm happy for you." Now, she wouldn't have to worry about Chat flirting with her anymore and they could just be friends. Thank goodness.

"I feel so much better knowing you're okay with this," Chat said honestly. He then stared up into the sky as a blush spread across his cheeks. "To put it simply... the girl I like is amazing."

Ladybug smiled happily.

"Her name's Marinette," Chat said dreamily.

And Ladybug could hear the record scratch. She blankly stared into oblivion as Chat sighed dejectedly.

After a few minutes of dreadful silence, Chat glanced at Ladybug who had the same shocked expression on her face.

"Ladybug? Are you okay?" Chat asked alarmingly.

Ladybug forced an uneasy smile onto her face. In her head, she repeated a string of vulgar words. Of course Chat liked Marinette now. She thought he had moved on.

Chat's confession made her want to crawl into a shallow grave and cry.