Betrayal

*based on the comic by luckycharmer on tumblr!

Adrien glanced at Marinette, his eyes connecting with hers. He stared into her deep blue eyes.

She stared back at him, feeling her pulse quicken. Slowly, she moved towards him, her body sliding across the park bench. Their hands were barely touching. She could feel the sparks dancing from their fingertips.

Marinette's mouth opened slightly and her gaze traveled to Adrien's soft, warm lips. He smiled slightly, inspecting Marinette. Gosh, she was beautiful. Which made what he was about to do that much worse. His grip tightened on the bench as he leaned closer to her.

Marinette was so close now that she could feel his warm breath on her neck. Her heart beat picked up significantly as she closed her eyes, letting the euphoria soar through her body. The moment she had been waiting for ever since she met Adrien was going to happen.

Adrien's hands traveled up Marinette's neck and soon wrapped around her face, sending shivers down her spine. This was it. Adrien leaned even closer...

And then, in an instant, he flew back from her. Marinette gasped in surprise and stared at the horror unfolding in front of her.

Adrien smirked and raised his arms, opening the palms of his hands and revealing two black earrings. "Gotcha." His eyes told all.

Marinette's heart dropped in her chest. Her hands flew up to her ears and her fears were confirmed. Adrien had snatched her Miraculous in that act. Marinette felt confusion and sadness and betrayal. So much betrayal. Adrien had tricked her and got what he wanted. It was surreal.

"Mission accomplished!" Adrien then exclaimed, shoving his fist in the air. The ring on his finger glowed brilliantly, and transformed him into a white suited version of Chat Noir; Chat Blanc.

Out of nowhere, a purple butterfly fluttered down to Chat Blanc and landed on his hand. "Ah, just in time," he chimed, staring at the akuma. "Tell father I'll be returning shortly." The akuma fluttered off, delivering the message back to Hawkmoth. Of course.

Meanwhile, Marinette fell to her knees, staring hopelessly at the boy who had deceived her. The boy she thought she could trust. The boy who broke her heart. A tear raced down her cheek.

"Well," Chat Blanc grinned, putting his hands on his hips. He stared at Marinette, feeling proud of his accomplishment and blocking out all feelings of guilt. He turned around and waved. "See ya around!"

"Chat," Marinette mumbled, her voice just barely a whisper.

"Oh wait, scratch that," Chat said, chuckling at his previous statement.

"Chat!"

Chat hummed to himself happily as he continued walking away from the heartbroken girl.

"Adrien!" Marinette screamed, her voice cracking significantly.

Chat Blanc stopped in his tracks abruptly. He turned his head.

Marinette let out a loud, painful sob and it echoed throughout the area. She let the pain sink in. It was as if she was rubbing salt on an open wound. Everything Adrien and Marinette had been through was part of his plan. His friendship with her was a sham. A plan created by his father, the notorious Hawkmoth, to get the Miraculous. And Adrien went along with it.

Chat Blanc tried to push the feelings of guilt away, but it was eating him alive. He wasn't supposed to grow so close with Marinette, but he did. And it hurt him that he did this to her. No matter how much he acted like it didn't.

Marinette's sobs finally calmed down. She needed confirmation. She looked up at Chat, her puffy, red eyes inflicting him with guilt.

"It was all a lie?" she asked him, her voice shaky.

Those words broke him.

A tear slipped down Chat's cheek. He dreaded the day he'd have to do this to Marinette. Acting like a stuck-up jerk was the only way he could block out the guilt.

"I'm sorry," Chat replied. He turned around, facing Marinette. Tears spilled down his cheeks. "I'm so so so sorry."

Marinette hugged herself and shook her head repeatedly, scooting away from Chat. "Just go," she whimpered, crying even harder. "Leave me alone."

Chat Blanc was crying at the sight of her crying. He fell to his knees and stared at her, the guilt eating him away. He shouldn't have betrayed her. He shouldn't have listened to his father. He was different before he went to public school! Marinette changed him for the better. Or at least, that's what he believed. Then again, how better of a person was he if he still went along with the plan?

"I said go!" Marinette cried, squeezing her eyes shut. "I can't trust you anymore."

Chat stood up, wiping away the tears from his eyes. He really messed up. Marinette was sincere and kind. She was loyal and gracious. And Chat Blanc ruined all of that. He reduced her to nothing in a matter of seconds.

Chat opened his palm, staring at the shiny earrings in his hand. Not returning the Miraculous to Hawkmoth could damage their relationship severely.

But Chat didn't care about that anymore.

He flipped his hand over and the earrings dropped in the grass below. Marinette looked up and saw the earrings lying on the ground in front of her.

"I'm sorry," Chat murmured, racing off into the night.