I AM YOUR FATHER

"You're done for, Hawkmoth!" Ladybug exclaimed self-righteously. Her arm was badly injured from the fight that took place beforehand. She and Chat towered over the helpless villain.

"Cataclysm!" Chat yelled. His hand emitted black energy and he readied himself.

"You're not going to use it on me," Hawkmoth smirked at Chat.

"And why is that?" Chat sneered angrily. "You've hurt the love of my life and my friends!"

Hawkmoth got to his feet, taking great care to watch out for Ladybug. He cleared his throat.

"Because, Chat. I am your father."

Chat's eyes widened and he backed away. "No. I don't believe you!"

Hawkmoth sighed and then reached for the moth-shaped pendant on his suit. He pulled it off and a purple mist washed over the villain. A moth-like kwami flew out of the Miraculous and hovered in the air.

Standing before Chat was none other than his father, Gabriel Agreste. Ladybug gasped in surprise.

"No!" Chat yelled incredulously.

"Believe it, Adrien. I'm Hawkmoth. Your worst enemy," Gabriel said amusingly.

"NO!" Chat screamed, lunging for Gabriel. He outstretched his destructive hand.

Gabriel quickly held up a wooden panel and it caught the power before it hit him. The panel crumbled to dust.

Chat fell to his knees and sobbed. "Why?" he mumbled. "Why would you hurt me and my friends?"

"Oh, Adrien. So foolish and naive," Gabriel said, kneeling down beside his son. "I had to, you see."

"You had to?" Chat hissed, his eyes blurred with tears. "What reason forced you to do the horrible things you've done?"

Gabriel stood up and crossed his arms behind his back. He sighed heavily. "There are some things in life that you will just never understand, my boy."

Ladybug slowly walked over to Chat and rubbed his back comfortingly. She then shot Gabriel a death glare.

"I always knew there was something off about you, Hawkmoth," she said angrily. "Why would you hurt your own son?"

Gabriel turned around abruptly. "I didn't know he possessed the Miraculous at first. But then I put the pieces together. One by one. Him leaving so frequently, making up poor excuses whenever he came home late... It made sense. That goes for you as well, Marinette."

Ladybug's eyes widened when she realized that he now knew her secret. Their secret. Her entire family was in danger now.

"We're not the only ones who kept secrets!" Chat frustratingly spat. His ring beeped.

"So what's the point then, Gabriel? Why'd you possess innocent people to carry out your evil doings? Huh?" Ladybug pushed.

"Because I had to get her back!" Gabriel shouted hesitantly.

Chat looked up, tears running down his face. "Who?" he mumbled quietly.