Prom!

Marinette stood in front of her mirror inspecting her dress. She shook with fear and anticipation. She'd be going with Adrien to prom tonight.

Alya peeked her head out of Marinette's closet and scurried out with a pair of heels. Marinette's eyes widened.

"Okay, girl. Adrien will think you're smoking if you wear these heels with that dress," Alya said, tilting her head towards the glittery red gown that Marinette was wearing. It had black sequins along the collar and around the edges of the dress.

"Will I be safe if I wear them?" Marinette asked, raising an eyebrow.

"We'll see," Alya laughed, handing Marinette the solid black heels.

"I don't know if I should wear them though... I'm not a heels kinda girl," Marinette mumbled.

Alya sighed. "Alright. Want some black flats instead?"

"Yes please," Marinette smiled happily. Alya went to go fetch some black flats from her closet. Marinette jumped as a noise caught her attention.

She glanced up at the door leading to her balcony and saw Chat Noir peeking in. Marinette gasped. She visually tried to tell him to leave before Alya came out from the closet but he just stared at her in awe.

Sighing heavily, Marinette slipped out onto her balcony where Chat waited for her.

"Why are you here?" Marinette asked hurriedly.

"Just to check on you Princess," Chat said casually as he inspected her. His green eyes told something else, but Marinette couldn't figure it out.

"Well, I'm busy getting ready so I'd appreciate it if you'd leave kitty cat," Marinette replied.

"Marinette?" a confused Alya yelled from below.

Marinette bit her lip. It was only a matter of time before Alya decided to check the balcony.

"Go," Marinette warned Chat. He was so curious tonight.

"I was just leaving anyways," Chat said with a wink. "Goodbye Princess!" And with that he jumped down from the balcony and ran away.

The door to the balcony swung open, startling Marinette. Alya walked up to her with the black flats in hand.

"What are you doing up here?" she asked curiously.

"Checking out the stars, that's all," Marinette laughed nervously.

Alya raised an eyebrow. "Whatever, I'll deal with your weirdness later. We need to get ready."

Marinette followed Alya back into her room and quickly slipped on the flats. Alya was about to do Marinette's makeup when she stopped her.

"No, you need to get ready," Marinette told her friend. "You don't want to ditch poor Nino because you weren't ready in time."

Alya nodded. "You're right. I just want my best friend to be her prettiest tonight!"

Marinette giggled as Alya fled to the bathroom with her ocean blue dress.

*

After the girls had gotten ready, they admired themselves in the mirror. Alya smiled proudly. "You look amazing Marinette."