When new help stays...

another long one. oops. but HEHE, the sins. BTW this one-shot is a continuation from "when new helps arrives." go read that one first to understand this one! :)

"Thanks for helping me today," Ladybug smiled to Volpina.

She smirked proudly, holding her flute securely. "No problem. I'm experienced in this field."

"Really?" Ladybug asked, her eyes widening. "I haven't seen you around Paris before."

"That's because I used to patrol Sicily. I was born in Italy and moved here a couple of days ago. Loving it!" she smiled, her hands on her hips. "When I saw you are your partner on TV fighting crime, I knew I had to join in on the fun."

"That's... cool," Ladybug smiled.

The elevator door ringed and Chat Noir came dashing out. He stopped besides Ladybug and inspected Volpina curiously.

"Who's she?" Chat asked.

"Not a newbie if that's what you think," Volpina said, slinking over by Chat. "In fact, I'm pretty pawsome if you ask me."

Chat grinned widely. "Hey! She makes puns too. How impurressive!"

"Purretty sure anyone could do that!" Ladybug chimed at a desperate attempt to get in on the conversation.

"What's your name?" Chat asked Volpina, completely ignoring Ladybug.

"Volpina," she replied, holding out a hand. "And you're Chat Noir, correct?"

"That's pawsitively right!" Chat said, laughing. He shook her hand.

Ladybug crossed her arms and watched the two talk. She hated feeling left out of conversations. Yeah. That's what she hated right now.

"Hey, I know a great place we can eat. Let's go!" Volpina suggested, turning around. Chat nodded excitedly.

Ladybug's earrings beeped. "Um, we can't. My miraculous is about to run out of power."

The two stopped and looked at her, seemingly disappointed. Chat was about to say something when Volpina spoke up.

"Chat and I can meet you there. It's that pizza place down the street. That was the first place my family and I ate at when we got here. Reminds me so much of home."

Ladybug grumbled as she watched the two walk away making jokes to each other. She suddenly felt like the third wheel.

*

Marinette sighed as she held Tikki in her hands. "I'm feeling like a nuisance all of a sudden."

"It'll be okay, Marinette. Volpina is probably nervous and wants to make friends," Tikki assured.

"She sure doesn't seem nervous by the way she's stealing my partner," Marinette grumbled.

"Oh, calm down. Everything will sort itself out. And don't just assume she is one thing by how she acts on the outside. I know one particular person who knows that better than anyone," she said, glancing at Marinette.

"I don't want her asking to join our team. I mean, Chat and I have been partners ever since I got my miraculous. I don't want Volpina to change that."