Chloe Complications

"Adrikins!!" the blonde nuisance shrieked.

Adrien stopped in his tracks as he was leaving the school. He sighed, noticing his limo was so close but yet so far away.

Chloe ran up to Adrien and tugged on his arm excitedly. "I get to spend the entire afternoon with you!"

He mentally groaned as the realization struck him. That was right. For some unknown reason, Chloe was going to be following Adrien around all day because her father, Mayor Bourgeois, was going on a business trip for the day. Of course, Chloe complained to Gabriel that she was going to be "all alone," when in reality she had a butler and Sabrina to keep her company. So, Gabriel allowed her to follow Adrien around all day like a puppy. He probably only agreed to it because she was annoying him too much.

"So, where are you off to?" Chloe said, batting her eyelashes. She never released her grip on his arm.

"I have a photoshoot," Adrien replied blandly. He gently tugged his arm away from her. He thought of anything to get her to not come. She would be a major distraction if she decided to tag along. "It's going to be really boring," he remarked, raising an eyebrow.

Chloe paused, as if pondering the comment, but shrugged it off. "No it won't. I'll be watching my precious Adrikins model for me."

For you? Adrien thought.

He began walking towards his limo, Chloe following closely behind.

"Oh, I can't wait!" she squealed. "Once they see my face, they won't be able to resist taking pictures of me! I'm a natural born model you know."

Adrien rolled his eyes as the Gorilla opened his door for him. He slid inside and Chloe squeezed in beside him.

"Let's take a selfie," Chloe said, pulling out her phone. She raised it up and gave her best duck lips. Adrien gave a wry grin. Even though he faked smiles on some of his worst days, not even his best acting could make him smile properly right now.

Chloe's eyebrows twisted and a frown spread across her face as she looked at the picture.

"I mean, I look gorgeous. But you, Adrien, look really out of place. No offense," Chloe said.

"Of course," Adrien mumbled to himself, looking out his window. He so wished he was with Nino right now. Or Marinette. Sure, she acted clumsy sometimes, but he kinda thought it was cute.

"Ooh we're here!" Chloe yelled, snapping him out of his thoughts. Dang it.

The limo came to a halt and the Gorilla quickly got out of his seat and walked to the door, opening it for them.

Chloe stepped out, placed her sunglasses on the bridge of her nose, and strutted towards the modeling building like a celebrity.

Adrien stepped out after her, slinging his bag on his shoulder and sighing for about the 100th time that day. This is going to be a long day, Adrien thought.

~

After Adrien's photoshoot, he was officially done with Chloe. She would not stop annoying him and the photographer. She would insist that they take a picture of her instead, and when the photographer politely declined her request, she would protest and yell a bunch of insults until she sat down for a few minutes before repeating this process.

Let's just say that after that day, the modeling company banned Chloe from the building permanently.

Adrien decided he need some fresh air and some delicious food, so he decided to ditch the limo (and Chloe; she was too busy posting a rant on social media) and walked to Marinette's parents bakery, which wasn't too far away.

The blonde approached the bakery, breathing a sigh of relief. He entered through the front doors, a delicious, sweet aroma greeting him.

Sabine was behind the counter, dealing with a customer. Her gray eyes glanced up to meet Adrien.

"Thank you," Sabine said to the customer, handing them their pastry and change. After that was taken care of, she stepped out from behind the counter, a wide smile branding her face.

"Adrien! So nice to see you again, dear," Sabine said.

"Hello. It's nice to see you too," Adrien said with a nod. "Is Marinette home?"

"Why, yes she is," Sabine responded, then placing a hand on her chin in thought. "In fact, she was just talking about you. Something about an 'annoying Chloe bothering you?' I really am not sure, she was talking so fast."

Adrien chuckled embarrassingly, scratching the back of his head. "Yeah, I had a minor complication, but it's all good now."

"Marinette!" Sabine yelled, her head tilted up. "You have a friend downstairs!"

"Coming!" Marinette immediately responded. She skipped downstairs and once her eyes met Adrien's, she froze in place.

"Hey Marinette," Adrien greeted warmly.

"H-Hey! Adrien! What are y-you doing here?"

"I was in the area, so I decided to stop by," he replied.

"Chloe's not with you?" Marinette asked, her eyes narrowing as she checked the perimeter.

"Nope," Adrien said thankfully.

"How about I get you two some snacks?" Sabine asked happily, strolling to the back of the bakery.

As if on cue, Adrien's stomach rumbled with hunger. Since he was a model, the blonde was on a strict diet. He was rarely allowed to eat high fat sweets. He wouldn't dare pass up the offer, though.

Marinette crossed her arms nervously. "So," she mumbled, trying to start a conversation. "I'm sure being with Chloe was quite the treat."

"You have no idea," Adrien laughed uneasily. "I never knew she was so self centered."

"Really?" Marinette said inquisitively.

"Really. You learn a lot about someone when you spend an afternoon with them," Adrien said, although when he spoke the words, a glint sparked in his eyes.

Marinette immediately blushed, realizing he hinted to the time where they had practically spent the entire afternoon playing Ultimate Mecha Strike 3.

It was all going well until the front door of the shop swung open furiously. Standing in the doorway was none other than Chloe herself.

Her face twisted in anger as she saw Marinette standing beside Adrien.

"Adrikins!" Chloe shrieked, stomping over to him. "You left me for her?"

"Oops," Adrien muttered. "But you were busy with a social media rant."

"I don't care. Daddy said I could spend the entire day with you so that's what I'm going to do!" Chloe growled, grabbing his arm and tugging him out of the bakery. Marinette watched angrily as her gaze burned into Chloe.

Before he was dragged out of the bakery, Adrien glanced back at Marinette and winked. "I'll get out of this," he mouthed to her. Marinette raised an eyebrow in confusion. Little did she know, Adrien would be paying her a visit as Chat Noir very soon.