Last Wish

The sky was dark and ominous with clouds rolling in as rain droplets started to sprinkle down on the ground below.

Ladybug hadn't noticed her partner was missing. She was too busy trying to stop the latest akuma from wreaking havoc on the city. But when she heard Chat's cries of pain, she immediately stopped what she was doing and attempted to locate him.

Her vision was blurred from the numerous rain drops that rolled down her face.

"Chat?" Ladybug yelled, swiveling around. "Where are you?"

It was getting harder to see by the minute as the rain started to pick up. Then, that's when she saw a figure dressed in black laying on the pavement just in front of the Eiffel Tower.

"Chat!" she gasped in relief, rushing to his aid. She knelt beside him and lifted his head onto her lap.

He struggled to keep his eyes open, trying to focus on his lady as the droplets fell into his eyes. Thunder rumbled above, shaking the ground. Lightning crackled in the sky.

Ladybug examined her partner for any noticeable injuries, and that's when she noticed a faint puddle of blood underneath his back. It turned streaky as it was carried away by the rain runoff.

That's when the situation turned dire. The blood flow didnt stop and she hypothesized that he was in critical condition. Red alarms went off in her head. Nothing else mattered in that moment except Chat's safety.

"Come on, we are getting you to a hospital," Ladybug said sternly, attempting to lift up her partner.

He cried out in pain and she paused. "No you can't," he whispered, his voice shaking.

"Yes," Ladybug pushed, her heart rate intensifying. "You're losing a lot of blood! You need help."

Chat smiled, his blood stained hand slowly lifting up and rubbing Ladybug's cheek.

"Chat, we need to go!" Ladybug yelled, her eyes watering. She squeezed his hand before lowering it and attempting to lift him up again but she soon realized after viewing his pained face it was only doing more harm than good. Movement made him suffer more.

Ladybug stood up, turning around. "I'm getting help." She almost launched her yoyo when Chat mustered up strength and said a firm "No."

"Why won't you let me help you," Ladybug collapsed, her voice dropping to a desperate whisper. "I... I love you Chat."

The blood flow was never ending; an artery must have been damaged. She didnt want to before, but she finally accepted the fact that his damage was irreversible. No amount of help would fix what had already been done.

"I love you too, m'lady," Chat gasped out. He coughed and blood spattered out. "May I have your permission?"

"Permission for what?" Ladybug sobbed, brushing his soaked hair out of his face.

The rain continued coming down in a torrent.

He pointed to his ring. His last wish was to reveal his identity.

Ladybug smiled and nodded, knowing fully what his request was. "Of course, my kitty."

It took an immense amount of energy on Chat's part, but he finally slid the ring off his finger and a green light washed over his body.

Ladybug broke down even more.

Adrien was laying there in his place, his shirt stained with blood.

"A-Adrien?" Ladybug choked. She sobbed, pulling him close. "I had a feeling it was you all along."

"Surprise," Adrien smiled weakly, his eyes fluttering close. "Thank you for being the best partner I could ask for..."

Ladybug sobbed, nodding profusely. She couldn't even form words.

Adrien mustered up the remaining strength he had. "Take care of my father for me... and tell Marinette I-I... love her..."

His eyes rolled to the back of his head and he went limp.

"No!" Ladybug screamed, her world crashing down. She could feel her heart shatter into a million pieces. She pulled him tight and buried her head into his neck, sobbing endlessly. "Adr-Adrien!"

The rain slowly cleared up and a rainbow graced the sky.

At least Adrien's final wish came true.