Lila, the innocent one?

Marinette walked down the hallway to her next class with Alya. The two girls laughed as they conversed.

"So you saw that Volpina girl last week, right? Everyone thought she was a hero but turned out to be one of Hawkmoth's baddies?" Alya asked.

Marinette smiled awkwardly and nodded. "Uh, yeah. We were all fooled."

Alya frowned and shook her head. "Oh well. Ladybug and Chat Noir are the only superheroes Paris needs!"

Marinette was silent as the two headed up the stairs to their class. She stopped in the doorway and gasped at what she saw.

Lila was sitting in her seat and talking to Adrien!

Marinette tried to remain calm, but that didn't work. She knew Lila was flirting with him. He didn't deserve the violation of his privacy!

Marinette clenched her fists and was about to stomp in the room when Alya held her back.

"Calm down, girl. You look like you're gonna kill her!"

Alya didn't get it. She didn't know Lila was a huge liar and ultimately trying to steal Adrien from Marinette!

"I'm just gonna tell her to move," Marinette shrugged.

Alya raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms.

Marinette sighed. She couldn't argue with that look. Besides, Adrien wouldn't fall for her! She slowly walked into the room and up to the seat in the far back of the classroom.

"I can sit back here with you," Alya suggested.

"No," Marinette said, shaking her head. "I need you to keep intel on Lila. Just in case."

Alya laughed and rolled her eyes. She gave off a playful salute. "Very well, Agent Marinette." She walked back down to her desk and sat down. Lila turned her head at her and the two began talking. Marinette smiled.

Good job Alya, she thought. She knew she could count on her best friend.

"U-Uh, Marinette?" a shaky voice asked from beside her.

Marinette turned her head at Nathanael. He was holding a sketch pad and pencil in his hands.

"You don't care if I sit here, right?" Nathanael continued nervously.

"Oh, uh, not at all. This is your desk after all," Marinette replied.

Nathanael smiled as a slight blush formed on his cheeks. He sat down and immediately started scribbling in his sketch pad.

Marinette narrowed her eyes at Lila who was still talking to Alya. They were laughing about something. Marinette anxiously clenched her fists as she felt the anger boil inside her.

Eventually, the class ended, and Marinette sprung up out of her seat. She began racing down the steps over to Lila when she fumbled over her feet and went flying down the stairs. She landed at the bottom with a hard thud, rubbing her head in pain.

Lila appeared over top of her. She smiled and tilted her head. "Hi there. Are you okay?" she asked, outstretching a hand.

Marinette nodded and sat up, ignoring Lila's hand. "Yeah, I just tripped. That's all." She got to her feet and brushed herself off.

"Oh, okay," Lila said, lowering her arm. She brushed a piece of hair behind her ear. "Well, I was just talking to Alya and she said that you were her friend."

Marinette glanced over at Alya who was looking around nonchalantly.

"Oh really?" Marinette replied.

Lila nodded her head and smiled. "Yeah! And can I just say, I LOVE your designs!"

Marinette wasn't going to believe the brunette so easily. After all, she was a notorious liar. "That's nice," Marinette replied boringly.

Lila looked slightly taken aback by the response. But then she smiled. "Alya and I were talking about having a sleepover. Wanna come? It'll-"

"No," Marinette interjected rudely.

Alya gasped in shock at Marinette's behavior. She quickly stepped in.

"Hey, Lila, sorry about her. She usually isn't such a Chloe," Alya said, narrowing her eyes at her friend. Marinette gasped defensively in response.

"Oh... it's okay. I guess everyone has an off day once in a while," Lila replied, checking her watch. "I gotta go anyways. Adrien and I are studying together. Ciao!"

Alya crossed her arms and glared at Marinette. "Girl, what is wrong with you! You're being so mean to Lila!"

Marinette shrugged. "Why should I be nice? And I can't believe you called me a Chloe!"

"That's why!" Alya exclaimed. "Lila has been nothing but nice to you!"

"Don't you see what she's trying to do?" Marinette yelled. "She's stealing Adrien and now you!"

"That's ridiculous!"

"No it isn't! See, we're fighting now! This is what she wants!"

Alya pinched the bridge of her nose. "Look, Marinette, you're my best friend. But right now you're being ridiculous! Lila would never try to steal us away from you. She doesn't even know you, so why would she have a reason to?"

Marinette sighed. She couldn't tell Alya what she knew as Ladybug. "I don't know. Because... because-"

"See, you can't even find a reason," Alya said. She grabbed her friends' shoulders and shook them lightly. "Just try to be nice to Lila, okay? I'm sure being a new student isn't as easy as it seems."

"Fine," Marinette replied softly, although she wasn't going to change her tune that easily.

Alya let go of her friend and smiled. "Wow, I'm pretty good at these motivational speeches. Maybe I should be on one of those talk shows." She grabbed her things and went over to the door. "I'll see you later!"

"See ya," Marinette mumbled as she stared at the ground.

Lila was quickly becoming an even bigger threat to Marinette. When would it end?