Intern - PART 1

Marinette straightened out her red and black laced blouse, staring at her reflection in the mirror. Behind her, Alya sat on Marinette's bed, nodding her head in approval at Marinette's outfit choice. The blouse was neatly tucked into a black pleated skirt, matched perfectly with white flats. Her hair was tied expertly into a french braid, done by yours truly.

"You look great; definitely gonna sweep Adrien off his feet!"

"Alya," Marinette chuckled softly, tucking away stray hairs from her braid. "For once, this isn't just about Adrien."

Alya raised an inquisitive eyebrow.

"Okay, maybe it is a little about him... but I really need to impress Monsieur Agreste. He's my idol! And probably the most intimidating person in all of Paris."

"I get it," Alya nodded. She stood up and walked over to Marinette. "The worlds most notorious fashion designer. Being his junior intern for the day."

"And I have Adrien to thank for that. If it weren't for him, Monsieur Agreste probably wouldn't have ever considered me."

"That's not true," Alya frowned. "He's seen your work before, Marinette. He is insanely impressed by it. Remember the derby hat?"

"I guess," Marinette huffed. "But still. You saw how he reacted to Nino. He doesn't take too kindly to friends of Adrien."

"That's Nino," Alya rolled her eyes.

Marinette let out a soft chuckle. "Well, I think I'll be fine. As long as he doesn't look at me the wrong way."

"Who? Gabriel or Adrien?"

Marinette stayed silent, unable to answer that question herself. Her eyes then darted to her wall clock and they widened in panic. Her heart began to thump quickly. "I have to be at Monsieur Agreste's studio in 10 minutes and it's across town! Why do I always do this to myself?!"

"Girl," Alya laughed, pulling out her phone. She turned on the screen, showing the clock. "That clock is too fast. We still have plenty of time."

Marinette released a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness. But, can we still leave now? I don't wanna take anymore chances."

"Of course," Alya chuckled. "Let's get a taxi."

*

The girls stepped out of the taxi and looked up in awe at the Gabriel Fashion Offices; three different connected buildings stacked neatly with glass and concrete. It shined in comparison to the rest of the city. A plethora of stories climbed up into the sky, the rectangle windows reflecting the sun's shine.

"Good luck, girl. You got this," Alya smiled warmly, leaning in for a hug. She squeezed her best friend comfortingly. "I'll be in the coffee shop a few blocks down gawking at the newest edition of Garçons de Plage Chaude 2017."

Marinette laughed as her eyes followed Alya who had already skipped behind her. "Hot Beach Boys?"

"You got it," Alya winked, waving as she walked away down the sidewalk. "Now go chase your boy!"

Marinette blushed, quickly turning around and facing the building. She expelled a puff of air and composed herself. "Here we go. You got this," she told herself, taking a shaky step forward.