Snake to the Rescue

Marinette couldn't believe the predicament she was currently in.

She was being held hostage in her parent's bakery by an angry customer who got akumatized. All because they had to wait in line. First of all, it was the bakery's most busiest time of the day (brunch) so of course there was going to be a bit of a wait. The customer wasnt having it, and he started throwing a fit right there. Next thing Marinette knew, a purple butterfly landed on his watch and he transformed into a villain.

This villain could manipulate time, speeding it up or slowing it down however he pleased.

Before Marinette could get away to transform, the villain ushered all the customers into a corner, using his power to speed up the process.

Why would he want hostages? Who knows. Perhaps for media attention. The man surely seemed like the type who craved attention, considering he threw a fit in a family run bakery over a measly wait time.

"Let us go!" an old woman screamed fiercely. "I just wanted a baguette."

"I'm sick of waiting for others," the akuma yelled. "I will show you what I'm capable of!" His eyes then shot to Marinette and her parents. "You! Make me 1,000 macarons!"

Sabine's jaw dropped. "I'm sorry, but we can't-"

"Yes you can. With my new power I will have all the macarons I want in a record breaking time!"

Marinette raised an eyebrow. "What are you gonna do with 1,000 macarons?"

"I don't know. Eat some. And then throw it all away instantly! It doesn't matter! This is a demonstration."

Marinette got to her feet, cautiously approaching the villain. "You may be able to speed up time but we will still die of exhaustion trying to make your macarons."

"Very well then. I will speed it up so fast you will barely feel a thing," the akuma smirked. "Get to work. Now! I hate waiting."

"There are far more things to hate than waiting," a deep, reassuring voice suddenly cut through. "Patience is key."

Marinette glanced over and saw Viperion standing in the doorway. His blue eyes flickered to her briefly before focusing back on the akuma.

The akuma clapped his hands together and laughed. "Who are you? And where is Ladybug and Chat Noir? Are they too scared for me to speed up to their destruction?" the akuma cackled.

"Let the hostages go," Viperion ordered, his voice strong. As she watched, Marinette had chills. Luka was the perfect fit for a superhero. She made the right choice picking him.

"Fine," the akuma seethed, waving out the civilians. As Marinette and her parents tried to leave, he stopped them abruptly. "Not them. They stay."

"What is this even about?" Viperion asked, stepping forward. His gaze kept shifting between Marinette and the villain.

"I'll show you," the akuma smirked.

"Second chance!" Viperion yelled, twisting his bracelet.

The akuma laughed mockingly. "What was that supposed to do? I'll show you what I'm capable of!" His eyes glowed yellow and, in the blink of an eye, sent his body rushing forward. The sped up energy pushed Viperion into the wall.

"Lu-, er, Viperion!" Marinette screamed.

Viperion cringed, picking his body up off the floor and holding his head. "You know-" he smirked, "I have powers too." His eyes glimmered as he pulled back a section of his bracelet. A flash filled the room.

Instantly, time went back to where he had activated the power. Catching the akuma off guard, Viperion tackled him to the ground.

"Get out of here!" Viperion yelled to the Dupain-Chengs, struggling with the akuma.

Marinette nodded, thankful that the superhero showed up so she could transform, and she and her parents raced out of the bakery.

In the panic, she raced off and hid behind a dumpster to transform.

"Tikki, spots on!"

Ladybug sprang up and launched herself through the open bakery door where she witnessed the akuma and Viperion struggling, but in fast motion. A yellow glow around the two indicated that the akuma was indeed using his power to speed up time.

Time returned to normal just in time for the akuma to chuck Viperion at Ladybug, who reacted with perfect timing and caught the fellow superhero in her arms.

"Sorry about that," Viperion winced, climbing out of her grasp. "I'm not the best at this whole combat thing so I'll leave it to you."

"Thanks for securing the situation," Ladybug nodded with a confident smile.

"Do you know if the owners of this bakery and their daughter made it out safely?" Viperion asked, looking around. "They were the targets of this akuma."

"Yes they did," Ladybug nodded, blushing slightly. She then coughed, clearing her throat. Chat Noir suddenly made his way into the door, his green eyes lit up.

"Did I miss anything?" he purred.

The akuma snarled in front of them, clenching his fists. "I want my macarons!"

"Not at all, kitty," Ladybug laughed at her partner, spinning her yo-yo. She gave a reassuring glance to Viperion and Chat Noir. "Let's wrap this up, shall we boys?"