Adrienette Imagine - PART 1

"B-But I can't!" Marinette confessed to Alya.

Alya shook her head in disappointment. "If you don't ask him now, when will you?"

"...sometime in the future," Marinette mumbled, looking down at her feet.

"You're ridiculous, girl," Alya sighed.

"It's not so easy asking Adrien to prom! He probably has a bunch of girls swooning over him..."

"That's why you need to ask him. Like now," Alya said, crossing her arms. "Do it before Chloe does!"

Marinette huffed, the thought of Chloe with Adrien at prom boiling her blood. "Fine. I'll try, even if I only get a few coherent words out!"

"That's it, girl!" Alya cheered, high-fiving her friend.

The next day at school, Marinette watched Adrien shyly from the doorway to the class as he talked with Nino. Alya stood behind, encouraging her. "You can do it, you can do it!"

Marinette took a shaky step forward. The sound of her shoe made a much louder noise than the one she was anticipating, causing her to shriek and hide behind Alya.

Alya sighed. "Come on, he's right there. You got this."

Marinette nodded and bit her lip. She casually walked into the classroom and up to Adrien's desk. She gave off an awkward and forced grin.

"Hey Marinette," Adrien greeted.

Marinette dropped the smile and laughed apologetically. "So... Adrien. I just wanted to, um, ask you something. It's kinda hard to do so I'll just get to the point... I wanted to know if-"

"ADRIEN!!" Chloe exclaimed, stepping in between Adrien and Marinette. She looked at her with amusement.

"I hope you weren't going to ask him something," Chloe told her with a sinister grin. "Because Adrien and I are going to prom together."

Marinette felt her world crumble. Her heart shattered into a million pieces. How could Adrien take CHLOE to prom?

"N-No," she stuttered at an attempt to defend herself. "I wanted to know if... if he enjoyed his weekend."

Chloe raised an eyebrow. "Oh really?"

"Yes," Marinette said, nodding. She could see that Adrien wasn't buying it and that the look in his eyes said that he was guilty.

"Shoo," Chloe dismissed to Marinette. "Adrien and I have prom matters to take care of."

Marinette's throat was scratchy and at that point she couldn't respond. Her self esteem had dropped drastically and her heart was in pieces. She should've listened to Alya. Marinette turned around and began walking away.

"Marinette!" Adrien called after her, but she couldn't bring herself to stop. She kept walking, even past Alya. She was humiliated and hurt. She sat down, a tear running down her cheek. Somewhere in the distance, a purple butterfly was fluttering down to her.