False Alarm

Chat rubbed his head on Ladybug's shoulder, purring softly.

Ladybug frowned. "Chat, please get off."

Chat continued purring and nudging his head on her arm. "I can't."

"Yes, you can," she growled.

Chat pointed up ahead to an akuma who was smiling contently at the sight. "No, I really can't," he responded.

In the akumas right hand, she was holding a detonator to a bomb. With a simple push of a button, all of Paris would go up into flames.

"That's it, keep showing her your affection, Chat," the akuma smirked. "You are gonna keep doing that until Ladybug returns your feelings."

Ladybug rolled her eyes. "This is ridiculous."

The akuma, who looked like a 15 year old girl, took a threatening step forward and raised the detonator in the air. She waved it around with a devilish smile. "Are you sure? With one push of this button, Paris goes kaboom. Kiss him or else I'll press it."

"Please, m'lady," Chat whispered. He puckered his lips.

Ladybug gulped. Looks like she had to kiss him. She hated that it was the second time she needed to kiss Chat in order to stop an akuma, but she had no other choice.

She puckered her lips and leaned in closer to Chat. They were so close...

The akuma smiled brightly. Her grasp on the detonator suddenly slipped from her hands and it fell to the ground.

"No!" Ladybug yelled, throwing her yoyo towards it in an effort to catch it.

But it was too late.

The red button on the detonator met the pavement below.

CLICK!

.

.

.

But nothing happened.

The akuma smiled sheepishly. "Uhh, oops?"

Ladybug clenched her fists in anger, even though internally she was relieved it was just a fluke.

"You're telling me that was a bluff?" Ladybug asked. "To get Chat and I to kiss?"

"Yes," the akuma replied, dropping her head in shame. She held up her hands in surrender.

Ladybug sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose in annoyance and dropping her head. "Let's get you back to normal..."

Only then did she realize that Chat was grappled onto her right leg in fear. He looked up at her and grinned.

"Sorry... I got scared. I thought Paris was really going to blow up."

Ladybug sighed.