Cookie Thief

Marinette's teeth chattered nervously as she inspected her room. The Adrien posters had been painfully stripped off her wall and the empty spots were replaced with festive Christmas decorations. Still, she was nervous. Would her friends like the decor? Tikki floated above her shoulder, glancing at her terror filled face.

"Don't be scared, Marinette," the kwami exclaimed. "Your friends will love it!"

"Are you sure?" she asked. "I've never had a sleepover with more than 1 person, that person being Alya!"

"Yes, I'm sure!" Tikki said with a smile.

"But what if I'm forgetting something?"

"Well, do you have the snacks ready?" Tikki asked.

Marinette nodded, jogging over to her desk where a platter of cookies and a bowl of chips sat. "Of course."

Tikki giggled. "Then it looks like you're prepared!" Marinette noticed that her eyes wavered on the plate of cookies.

"You can have one," Marinette laughed, picking up a cookie and handing it to the kwami. She happily accepted the offering and began nibbling on the treat.

"After all, I'm gonna need all the food I can get," Marinette continued. "Almost all the girls' in my class are coming, except Chloe and Sabrina of course."

"Marinette!" Sabine suddenly called up the stairs. "Your friends are here!"

Marinette's eyes blew wide with panic. They were early! She hadn't anticipated that at all. "Coming!" she yelled back. Her frantic eyes landed on the kwami. "Hide, Tikki!"

Marinette scrambled down the steps, nearly falling. At the end of them, she regained her composure and casually strolled over to Sabine who was chatting with the first girls that arrived; Alya, Mylene, and Alix.

"Hey girl!" Alya exclaimed.

"Hi Marinette!" Mylene said happily.

"Hey," Alix said coolly.

"Hello everyone!" Marinette panted. "I'm glad you all could make it."

Mylene clapped her hands together. "Thanks for having us!"

"You look like you just ran a marathon," Alya laughed.

Marinette's pulse had decreased significantly, but all she could do in response was narrow her eyes at the brunette. Alya laughed at the expression.

Sabine watched awkwardly, and that's when Marinette realized they were still standing in the middle of the bakery.

"Let's, uh, go up to my room!" Marinette suggested. She turned and jogged up her stairs.

The girls all sat criss crossed on the carpet except for Alix, who leaned up against the wall. Marinette looked at her curiously, she seemed very uncomfortable.

"Something wrong Alix?" Marinette asked while Alya and Mylene made small talk.

Alix shrugged, looking away. "I'm just not used to this kinda stuff."

"It's okay," Marinette giggled. She patted on the floor beside her. "If it makes you feel better, I promise this won't be like those typical slumber parties you see in the movies."

A smile cracked on Alix's face. She uncrossed her arms and slowly approached the group and sat down on the carpet. Her face still read uneasiness, but at least she was making some sort of effort to integrate with the others. "So... now what?"

Alya had turned her head, hearing this statement. She smiled widely and leaned in closer. "Now we prank call."

"Not yet," Marinette laughed. "We're still waiting on Rose and Juleka."