Falling for You

Marinette gripped her balcony railing as she let her pigtails flow freely in the wind. She inhaled deeply, the sweet scent of blooming flowers filling her nostrils. Her eyes skimmed over the beautiful sunset.

It was nice for Marinette to finally get some quiet time. Today had been stressful. First, she woke up late; as usual. Then, she got into a bit of a disagreement with Alya. She hated fighting with her best friend, who wouldn't? And then finally, Marinette blew the perfect opportunity to hang out with Adrien while embarrassing herself in the process.

Her Friday was not going right at all.

Marinette lowered her gaze, staring down at the cars whizzing down the road, and exhaled loudly. "My day couldn't get any worse," she mumbled.

"Hey Purr-incess," a voice suddenly called out from beside her.

Marinette looked to her side and saw Chat Noir sitting on her railing, smirking cheekily at her.

"Chat, what do you want? I'm not in the mood," she sighed.

"You looked pretty sad," Chat said, looking down at his hands and swinging his right leg in the air while holding the other one to his chest. His green eyes traveled up to Marinette face. "But not anymore."

Marinette scoffed, turning her head away from him. "I don't know about that. I just feel like nothing is going like it's supposed today."

There was a pause before Chat answered. "Why do you say that?"

"Many reasons," Marinette sighed. "But if you really want to know, then just know this. I got into an argument with my friend and blew a chance at hanging out with the guy I like."

Chat mentally put the pieces together. He definitely remembered seeing Marinette and Alya argue in Physics class. Now what about embarrassing herself in front of the guy she liked?

His eyes widened as it clicked.

A loud cough ripped from Chat's throat and he nearly lost his balance on the railing. Marinette gasped and looked over at the commotion.

He almost fell backwards when Marinette's hand pressed against his back, stopping him from falling.

"Are you okay? Or do you need medical attention?" Marinette asked Chat, bewildered.

"Oh! U-Uh I'm fine," Chat said nervously, blushing profusely as he remembered Marinette's hand was pressed against his back. He pulled himself back up on the railing, trying to push the thought out of his head that Marinette had a crush on him. He cleared his throat a few times.

"Can you tell me more about this crush of yours?" Chat asked in a not-so-subtle news reporter voice.

"Oh," Marinette smiled, blushing. "He's... really sweet. And handsome. That's all you need to know."

Chat stared blankly at a building as he processed her words. Marinette thought he was sweet! And handsome! Too bad she didn't realize that her crush was sitting right next to her. If she did, she'd be the one falling off the balcony.

"He sounds nice," Chat replied in a hoarse voice. He didn't know what to do with this precious information. Marinette had a crush on him. And Marinette was nice and all... But he couldn't pursue her! He was in love with Ladybug. And plus, he treated Marinette like a sister. It could never work. (A/N: *insert angry fangirl comments about marinette being ladybug here*)

"If I just hadn't screwed everything up with my stupid homework excuse. I was nervous! I knew once the words left my mouth that I sounded like a total idiot," Marinette sighed.

Chat nodded, scratching his chin. The story all made sense. He had asked Marinette at school if she would like to do their homework at the park. She, obviously flustered, replied with "I have homework!" and ran off, even though they had just been talking about doing it together. It was a classic quote considering it came from a nervous Marinette.

"It's okay," Chat said truthfully. "I'm sure he's not weirded out or anything."

"You think so?" Marinette asked softly, glancing up at him.

Chat smiled before placing a hand on Marinette's shoulder. "I know so." He then wobbled slightly on the railing.

Uh oh.

Chat lost his balance and flew backwards, landing on the floor. He heard a hard thud and felt a sharp pain encase his spine. Not to mention, the wind was knocked out of him. He now lay staring up at the sky, groaning in pain.

"Ouch," Chat breathed, barely audible.

Marinette's face appeared into view. She laughed quietly. "Are you okay?"

"Peachy."

She outstretched her hand and Chat grabbed it, pulling him up. Once on his feet, his shuffled slowly over to the railing and leaned against it, catching his breath. His back seared with pain.

"Are you sure?" Marinette asked curiously, looking over Chat's shoulder. She was so close to him that her warm breath lingered against his neck. He shivered and turned towards her.

"Promise," Chat replied with a toothy grin. He did a little dance before grabbing his staff. "And feeling better already."

"Great," Marinette said, crossing her arms. "Thanks for the talk, Chat. And the fall."

Chat bowed, images of Marinette acting all clumsy in front of Adrien flashing through his head. "No purr-oblem. See you later!" He then launched himself away using his staff and Marinette watched amusingly. His visit was definitely a good thing that came out of her day.

Thanks, Chat Noir.